Topic: HTML thumbnails page will take me to SV do I have to create 12 SV?

sad I have created an HTML thumbnail page with 12 thumbnails. When I click on a thumbnail I would like it to take me to SV. Do I have to create 12 different SV galleries for each thumbnail?

EX: I have a project of an identity so I click on a thumbnail and it would take me to SV and I would be able to go through the different  parts of the identity: logo, business cards, postcards, posters, billboards, and apparel.

Can I just use one SV file and just use different XML files for each if so how would I do that?

Re: HTML thumbnails page will take me to SV do I have to create 12 SV?

Can I just use one SV file and just use different XML files for each if so how would I do that?

Yes, you only need one copy of the SimpleViewer swf and SWFObject. For each identity you would create a SimpleViewer gallery and link to it from your page. You could either keep each of these in their own folders or you could rename the gallery.xml and gallery.html files and put everything in one folder. If you want to have everything in one folder in each HTML file add fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "theGalleryXMLName.xml"); just before fo.write("flashcontent");

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

miker wrote:

Yes, you only need one copy of the SimpleViewer swf and SWFObject. For each identity you would create a SimpleViewer gallery and link to it from your page. You could either keep each of these in their own folders or you could rename the gallery.xml and gallery.html files and put everything in one folder. If you want to have everything in one folder in each HTML file add fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "theGalleryXMLName.xml"); just before fo.write("flashcontent");

is there a more efficient way I thought since the SV is a AS Class it could be loaded and unloaded and the only thing that would change is the XML file.

I thought since the SV is a AS Class it could be loaded and unloaded

What do you mean by loaded and unloaded? How are you planing an displaying the flash will it open in a new page, modal window, inside another flash, etc.?

the only thing that would change is the XML file.

The only unique files you need are the XML, Images and Thumbs. However if you use a plugin to generate the galleries you are going to get everything. Weed out the duplicates and point to the nonunique files correctly.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.