Topic: Sv Flash Embed

Hi Folks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I can only apologise if i am re-posting questions on a common problem.

I am trying to fix the position and size of SV when embedding into an existing flash movie.

I have successfully embedded SV into a flash movie i had previously created.
I have used the code from the sample .fla from the SVpro .V2 pack.
I have edited the code and api functions to utalise just the switching between multiple galleries using different gallery.xml files.

Everything loads great and it all works.

I have seen the notes in the code on resizing and positioning.
Please can someone point me in the right direction?
I need to FIX the SV in one place and have it not rescale at all.
I have played with the onResize handler but cant get it to fix.

I am not totally inept when it comes to action script but i need a push in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

-W

EDIT:
Alternatively, is there an easier code i can pinch to embed SV into an existing movie? i have seen some posts on the forum but lost the info.

Last edited by Willpower (2010-01-11 20:25:23)

Re: Sv Flash Embed

I need to FIX the SV in one place and have it not rescale at all.

In the examples/flash_embed/simpleviewer_flash_embed.fla example, 'actions' layer, delete or comment out these 2 lines:

stage.addEventListener(Event.RESIZE,onResize);
onResize(null);

SimpleViewer size and position will now match the 'mcLoader' movieclip and not resize.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks allot!
worked a treat! almost!

Removing 'onResize' stops SV resizing and shifting within the movie (when it loads), but when it loads in an html it shifts the entire movie to the top left of the html page.
SV hasn't resized and the proportions are correct its just the movie is no longer centred.

I cant find anything in the html or in the actionscript.
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
-W

SimpleViewer uses StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE and StageAlign.TOP_LEFT. That's why we recommend using the provided resizing code.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Felix,

I am having the same problem but I did not comment out the 'stage.addEventListener(Event.RESIZE,onResize);
onResize(null);' and it's still shifting the swf in the top-left. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks,

Pete