Topic: Joomla + SVmanager need Help on coding and embedding HTML

Hi Guys,

The joomla CMS works fine with the code below. However, I like to use svmanager to manage the bgcolor/width/height provided in the interface. Can anyone help with the coding ?

<embed src="svmanager/breakfast/viewer.swf"
FlashVars="xmlDataPath=svmanager/breakfast/gallery.xml"
bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH=420 HEIGHT=520
TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>

Re: Joomla + SVmanager need Help on coding and embedding HTML

Hi, I just found out another problem,

I use svmanager and do some update such as caption and add images.

The changes does not reflect on my website

I'm not at all familiar with Joomla so I'm not sure how much I can help.

Does everything seem to be working in svManager? For example, when you add new images, do they show on the svManager images screen? if they are showing there then svManager is writing the changes to a gallery.xml file. I don't know if it's the same gallery.xml that is driving your web site.

What are you seeing in your web site after you make changes in svManager? No change at all in the web site or are seeing missing images showing-up as crosses in SimpleViewer?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Jack for replying,

Let me ask it simple..

my root directory contain a blank HTML , lets name it testing.html

My gallery xml and swf is in :
local root directory/svmanager/breakfast

My image and thumbnail as follows :
local root directory/svmanager/breakfast/images and
local root directory/svmanager/breakfast/thumbs..

How do I code the HTML such that the flash is embedded into the HTML at the local root directory... I tried lots of way but it does not work...

When I add images via the svmanager, the testing.HTML shld reflects my changes .. can you help ? theres no joomla involve in this testing

Last edited by redsuns85 (2010-01-15 04:34:45)

Hi,

to embed a gallery that is in a different folder than the embedding HTML page, check here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … l#external

Felix Turner

Hi I have followed your step but i am got the error "Gallery not found" in flash in the IE

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL="svmanager/breakfast/";
flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
var params = {};
params.bgcolor = "222222";
params.allowfullscreen = true;
params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
swfobject.embedSWF("svmanager/breakfast/viewer.swf", "flashContent", "800", "600", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script>
<body>
<div id="flashContent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player.
<a href="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>
</body>

I din do anything on the gallery.xml , code as follows :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><simpleviewergallery maxImageWidth = "685" maxImageHeight = "685" textColor = "0x000000" frameColor = "0x000000" frameWidth = "10" stagePadding = "30" thumbnailColumns = "3" thumbnailRows = "2" navPosition = "bottom" title = "BreakFast Order" enableRightClickOpen = "true" backgroundImagePath = "" imagePath = "" thumbPath = "" navPadding = "30" vAlign = "center" hAlign = "center" htmlTitle = "New Gallery"><image><filename>1.jpg</filename><caption><![CDATA[<a href="images\1.jpg" target="_blank"><u>breakfast1</u></a>]]></caption></image><image><filename>2.jpg</filename><caption><![CDATA[<a href="images\2.jpg" target="_blank"><u>breakfast2</u></a>]]></caption></image><image><filename>3.jpg</filename><caption><![CDATA[<a href="images\3.jpg" target="_blank"><u>breakfast3</u></a>]]></caption></image><image><filename>4.jpg</filename><caption><![CDATA[<a href="images\4.jpg" target="_blank"><u>breakfast4</u></a>]]></caption></image><image><filename>4s.jpg</filename><caption><![CDATA[<a href="images\4s.jpg" target="_blank"><u>breakfast5</u></a>]]></caption></image><image><filename>DSC_5430_small.jpg</filename><caption><![CDATA[<a href="images\DSC_5430_small.jpg" target="_blank"><u>breakfast6</u></a>]]></caption></image></simpleviewergallery>

Hi, an update,

I managed to get it to work after I replaced  the simple viewer 2.0 with the existing .swf file ..

but I got another question, svmanager are able to set the background color via an UI. But when I set the background color via the svmanager , it does not overwrite the params.bgcolor in the html

How do I make everything works fine with svmanager but also I want it embedded?

Is it really necessary to set the background color from svManager? Background colors usually don't change that often.

If you still want to do it then you'll need to understand how svManager does it for a regular gallery where the index file is inside the gallery folder. Then you'll need to modify this for your external index file.

The standard index file that comes with svManager is a php file. If you look at the code, you'll see a block of php in the head section that sets a few variables and prints out the title:

<?php
      /* Leave this block of php code intact if customizing this page */
      error_reporting(0);
      $preferences = file_get_contents('preferences.txt');
      $preferences = unserialize($preferences);
      $title = htmlspecialchars($preferences['htmlTitle'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
      $backgroundColor = substr($preferences['backgroundColor'], 2, strlen($preferences['backgroundColor']) - 2);
      print '<title>'.$title.'</title>';
    ?>

Further down is a line that prints out the background color:

params.bgcolor = "<?php echo $backgroundColor; ?>";

To get this working in your setup, your index file will need to have a .php suffix, you'll need to include these blocks of php code and you'll need to edit the path to the preferences.txt file where the svManager stores the background color. So it would be something like:

$preferences = file_get_contents('svmanager/breakfast/preferences.txt');

This needs to be a relative path, i.e. do not start with a slash and do not start with http://

jack

Jack Hardie

THanks for your prompt reply. It solved my problem..

For all who need help on Joomla with Simple Viewer..

This module should be able to solve your problem ..

http://morfeoshow.joomlaitalia.com/

Last edited by redsuns85 (2010-02-11 08:06:59)