Topic: Autoviewer Pro & Wordpress NextGen Gallery

Greetings

We need to make the autoviewer slideshow clickable to hyperlinked pages. Captions are fine, but it would be easier if they weren't necessary.

Can we use the xml system with the Flashviewer plugin? Is there a tutorial or paper somewhere on this topic?

Thanks!

ri

Here's a link of the project using the system at both the top & bottom of the home page:
http://powerofone.org

Last edited by bluedot (2010-01-12 03:16:02)

Re: Autoviewer Pro & Wordpress NextGen Gallery

We need to make the autoviewer slideshow clickable to hyperlinked pages. Captions are fine, but it would be easier if they weren't necessary.

You can link with captions, or you could hire a developer to enable your gallery to link via the images.

Can we use the xml system with the Flashviewer plugin? Is there a tutorial or paper somewhere on this topic?

By Flashviewer plugin I'm guessing you mean NextGEN-FlashViewer I would check their site for documentation.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Miker,

Same issue here.

It seems the HTML format integration doesn't work when implemented through wordpress NextGen Gallery / NextGen Flashviewer.

It only works when creating a gallery outside wordpress (with flickr, photoshop, ...), editing the xml file manually, and integrating the slideshow into my website.

Is this normal? Am I the only one having this problem? Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

@jffweb are you trying to use The NextGen Gallery / NextGen Flashviewer for creating and integrating your gallery with Wordpress or are you would are interested in creating a normal page? If you are using NextGen Gallery / NextGen Flashviewer please check their site for directions and support.

Mike Richards

Yes,

I discovered Autoviewer through the NextGen Flashviewer wordpress pluggin. It is very convenient since I do not need to create a specific autoviewer gallery. I can use an existing gallery (managed by NextGen Gallery plugin), all I need to do is to add this tag in my post:

[autoviewer id="Gallery ID" width="500" height="375"]

It shows up perfectly. I can change my captions through the NextGen Gallery Management window (no need to play with XML).

The only thing is that when I use your HTML integration tag into the caption box (in the gallery management window), it is not recognised and the link cannot be followed eventually. Very frustrating!

Anyway, Autoviewer rocks! Let's hope next version will be more friendly with NextGen Gallery.

cheers!

I'm using nextGEN Gallery with FlashViewer pluging and Autoviewer. When I use it to show a gallery without link (ie, the gallery on the page and not showing up after clic on a link) it works like a charm in Firefox or IE.
However when I set it to use ShadowBox it works perfectly in Firefox but not in IE. You can see an example here:
http://www.ricardofoto.es/blog/2010/02/ … ival-2010/
by clic in the link 'clic para ver la galería'.
Any hint to make it work?
Thanks!

@petrovyoung
I'm not seeing where the link is to open the shadowbox gallery on the page you linked. However if it works in Firefox, but not in IE you should start by fixing your HTML errors.

Mike Richards

Yes, I under stand NextGen Gallery. My question is the link that you first posted, http://www.ricardofoto.es/blog/2010/02/ … val-2010/, does not seem to be using the links that you are having issues with. Please post a URL to your site that shows a page with the gallery not working.

Mike Richards