Topic: Read to buy PRO if this option is possible. VIDEO in AutoViewer.

I asked a few times on older posts, but since there was no response I decided to open a new thread. I hope to make it clear and easy to find for anyone asking this same question:

Is adding video possible in AutoViewer ?

1) Some posts suggested changing swf file ( flash video ) to jpg extension and include that in the gallery.xml
- this does not work with AutoViewer and current flash player ( 10.0.42.34 ). What happens is the AutoViewer is freezing. If the video has sound, the sound WILL play, from the beginning of the slide show ( I assume this is the pre-load function of the player ).

2) I didn't find any other suggestions or posts.

What I need is simply being able to play a video. No controls, volume control ( there will be no sound ), the video should play automatically from the start and keep playing even when someone changes to the new picture.

IS THIS option possible? If so, how ??  Please help guys. I hope that this will solve the question once and for all.
thanks.

Last edited by snaplounge (2010-01-13 21:10:21)

Re: Read to buy PRO if this option is possible. VIDEO in AutoViewer.

Displaying video with AutoViewer is not currently supported. You could try hiring a flash developer to add support.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Read to buy PRO if this option is possible. VIDEO in AutoViewer.

Miker - thank you for your time to post the response.

From what I understand, the ability to play video clips was never supported by any of the players. I was hoping for some user work-arounds ( a few people got it to work before, according to some threads, but the new version must have something different build -in as the hacks don't work anymore )