Topic: directories issue

Guten Tag zusammen, its a rainy day here in Munich, Germany, so i thought about bending my head around the beautiful simpleviewer (well done felix). BUT, i encounter a problem:

I use a Gallery written in asp which will resize all the pics to thumbs dynamically on demand of the Webserver. Which is great as it means: less work for me! All I do ist create a new Gallery with the asp page, copy the pics to the right directory on the webserver (iis, although it sucks) and things are dandy.

NOW THE PROBLEM: the directory structure ist "different" from that what simpleviewer expects. See the illustration:

-wwwroot
|
|- gallery
|   |
|   |-pics1
|   |
|   |-pics2
|   |
|   |-pics3
and so on...

so ,integrating simpleviewer withe the autoresize ASP.net thingi was easy enough, but integrating the whole "simpleviewer+ASP.net resizer" with my current directory structure, which i would not like to have to "give up on" (for compatibility reasons, and because I could even use the current dyamic menu system), was "daunting". See the illustration:

-wwwroot
|
|- gallery
|   |
|   |-pics1 (PICS ARE IN THIS DIR!)
|   |   |
|   |   |-simpleviewer
|   |   |   |
|   |   |   |-thumbs (THUMBA SHOULD GO HERE!)
|   |
|   |-pics2 (PICS2 ARE IN THIS DIR!)
|       |
|       |-simpleviewer
|       |   |
|       |   |-thumbs (THUMBA SHOULD GO HERE!)
and so on...

so how do i explain this directory setup to simpleviewer? I tried all kinds of "../" "./../" stuff... anyone with experience with this?

thanks a million... sebastian.

Re: directories issue

Check here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … omize.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: directories issue

Hi there, thanks for your reply, thanks for the effort of reading my posts.
I have tried to relate whats posted in that link to my situation, but still: no luck.

maybe i am missing something:

simpleviewer+ASP.net resizer (the dynamic asp component that does the thumbnailing for me) are integrated and work fine when using the default "images" and "thumbs" directories (which are both nested below the "simpleviewer root").

BUT when the pics are to be stored in the directory ABOVE the "simplevierwer root", and I pass this to the asp script as "../" things go wonky (wrong). The script does not pull up the pics and create thumbs and simpleviewer states "loading gallery" followed by "cant load gallery" (or something similar, sorry i am sitting in the office...).

It feels like that the problem is getting the "../" working. Is there any clues out there? will i have to rewrite (at least some) of the asp code?

i really would like to use simpleviewer (its just sooo sexy...) ;-p