Topic: customize image drop shadow? [SOLVED]

Is there any way to customize the drop shadow for the image in SV2.0?

I realize you can just create a drop shadow behind the image in photoshop as long as you match the background color to the one you're using in the website... BUT... what if you're using a resizable background image as your background? The drop shadow will then need to be taken care of by SV. However there doesn't seem to be a way to make it softer and more diffused.

Anyone have the same problem or know of a way to edit that drop shadow property?

Thanks!

Re: customize image drop shadow? [SOLVED]

You can customize drop shadow strength with the 'dropShadowStrength' pro option.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks, I noticed that setting and have played with it but what I'm looking for is a way to customize it. I'd like to be able to make it softer if possible.

Something like this:

www.patrickconaty.com/pmc_photography.html

However the design I'm working with now has a background image so it's not possible to make the drop shadow in photoshop

I'm also looking for a way to make the shadow MUCH softer - or at least let me change the color so that it can look softer.

Warm regards,
Chris Sgaraglino

Try changing the dropShadowStrength (in svBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> General') section. It can be a decimal value between 0 and 1 (0 being used to disable the drop shadows completely) so you could enter a value such as 0.2 to make the drop shadows softer than the default value of 1.
It is not possible to change the color of the drop shadows.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Perfect, thanks!

Warm regards,
Chris Sgaraglino