Topic: Will AutoViewer Pro inherit my AutoViewer settings?

I have AutoView (non Pro) right now and like everything just as it is. I want to pay to just get ride of the download link.

Will upgrading require me to do any further re-customizing or require me to have the Adobe Flash authoring software?

Or can I just replace some files and it will work as it does now, just without the download link?

Re: Will AutoViewer Pro inherit my AutoViewer settings?

If all you want to do is get rid of the download link you just have to replace the swf.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/ … ml#upgrade

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

miker wrote:

If all you want to do is get rid of the download link you just have to replace the swf.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/ … ml#upgrade

Thanks. So, I don't have to republish or re-create the .swf or anything like that?

So I bought Pro but can't get it to work. In my non pro version there is something called viewer.swf. How do I replace that with the new Pro .swf?

This is not intuitive at all..

Last edited by phototristan (2010-01-16 17:55:39)

So, I figured out that it's not nearly as simple as replacing an .swf file. I have hours of work ahead of me.

Not only did the .xml file name change, all the formatting within the xml file changed as well from a filename tag to url tags.

So, I figured out that it's not nearly as simple as replacing an .swf file. I have hours of work ahead of me.
Not only did the .xml file name change, all the formatting within the xml file changed as well from a filename tag to url tags.

Are you talking about AutoViewer or SimpleViewer? If you are using AutoViewer as you said all you have to do is replace the standard autoviewer.swf with the pro autoviewer.swf

Mike Richards

miker wrote:

Are you talking about AutoViewer or SimpleViewer? If you are using AutoViewer as you said all you have to do is replace the standard autoviewer.swf with the pro autoviewer.swf

It did say 'Powered by AutoViewer' before so I assume it was AutoViewer unless SimpleViewer also says "Powered by AutoViewer'.

Sounds like you purchased SimpleViewer-Pro instead of AutoViewer-Pro? If so, please email us to get a refund.

Felix Turner

Felix wrote:

Sounds like you purchased SimpleViewer-Pro instead of AutoViewer-Pro? If so, please email us to get a refund.

Nope, I purchased AutoViewer Pro.

In my non pro version there is something called viewer.swf.

So was your old gallery SimpleViewer?

To upgrade existing AutoViewer galleries to AutoViewer-Pro, you just need to replace the autoviewer.swf file in your existing gallery folders with the one that comes in the Pro download (at \web\autoviewer.swf).

Felix Turner

In that case there is no reason you should have to change the XML.

Mike Richards

Felix wrote:

In my non pro version there is something called viewer.swf.

So was your old gallery SimpleViewer?

To upgrade existing AutoViewer galleries to AutoViewer-Pro, you just need to replace the autoviewer.swf file in your existing gallery folders with the one that comes in the Pro download (at \web\autoviewer.swf).

No, it was AutoViewer. It said "Powered by AutoViewer" in the bottom left. But there was no autoviewer.swf. It was viewer.swf.

miker wrote:

In that case there is no reason you should have to change the XML.

I had to change the xml because the format was totally different.

what is the URL of the gallery?

Mike Richards

miker wrote:

what is the URL of the gallery?

I already fixed it to use Autoviewer pro so the old one isn't live any more.

But I had to change the name of the xml file as well as all the image tags within it. They were <filename> </filename> before and I saw that AutoView Pro wanted <url></url>