Topic: Moving Index Page

I'm good at following directions (I think) and made both $path changes per the svManager User Manual "Moving the automatic galleries index page" section. The svManager directory is installed into the root, so in index.php I set:
$pathToManager = '/svmanager';
and moved it to the root from /svmanager.

I also went into /public_html/svmanager/includes and changed constants.php to:
define('INDEX_URL', '../../index.php');

When I go to the site, I expect to be taken to the svManager auto gallery, but instead I get these two error messages:

Warning: require(/svmanager/includes/constants.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rrm/public_html/index.php on line 88

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/svmanager/includes/constants.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/rrm/public_html/index.php on line 88

I'm sure it is something minor, but I am stumped! Can anyone give me a suggestion of a fix?

Thanks!
Ron

Re: Moving Index Page

The different ways of expressing paths and urls can get a bit confusing sometimes. The $pathToManager variable should be set to a relative path, so in your case it should be:

$pathToManager = 'svmanager';

The second change is less important, it's just the link at the top of the svManager screen that gets you from svManager to the index page. In your case it should be:

define('INDEX_URL', '../index.php');

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Moving Index Page

Jack - works like a charm! I do find relative links confusing and I was thinking from the wrong place. Thanks for your help. Great product!
Ron