Topic: Postcard Viewer captions do not appear

Hi,

The gallery loads fine, however, it doesn't show the captions. I'm using the non-pro version of Postcard viewer and I have added the recommended: "<caption><![CDATA[Captions can be HTML formatted. Supported tags are linebreaks<br> <u>underline</u>, <u><a href="http://www.google.com" target="_blank">hyperlinks</a></u>,  and <font color="#ffff00" size="40">font tags</font>. Italics and bold are not supported.]]></caption>" in the xml file, but  nothing shows up.

Are captions only a possiblity with the Pro version?

Thanks. Love all of the viewers.

Mindy

Re: Postcard Viewer captions do not appear

Hi Felix

[Strange, I saw your reply Felix and now it's not there. ]

In response, I have uploaded it to the website to test it, but the captions do not appear.

Thanks for your reply.

Mindy

Please post the URL of the gallery.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Mike,

I sorted it out. I had created a mishmash of postcard viewers. I noticed that the xml file in the export from iphoto was "imagedata.xml" and the xml file from the download of postcard viewer was gallery.xml. So I had cobbled together a new xml file. I *think* the issue was that the .swf file had content from postcardviewer 1.1 and therefore the code didn't jive with the terms in the xml file. I abandoned that and used the photoshop CS4 plug-in and the newest version of postcardviewer and now the captions are visible. Thank you for your offer of help.

Mindy