Topic: Technical assistance

Hi, I am having difficulties with embedding my compact simpleviewerPro into my Dreamweaver CS3 file. I have been working on this for 2 days now and still can not get it to work properly. I don't know much about code. Can I send my files to someone who knows what they are doing? I would greatly appreciate an experts help. Thanks.

Re: Technical assistance

Have you taken a looked at the section on how to embed SimpleViewer in a html doc?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Just something I figured out on my own - you have to move the files out of your "web" folder (or the equivalent) and place them in your site folder.  I also came to the conclusion that you don't use the index.html file if your site already has that name used.  I renamed mine "indexg.html" for the gallery folder - but I'm using frames.  The one thing I'm coming here to learn is how to center the viewer in the frame (or on the page, for that matter) in my coding.

That's all figured out - but when I tried the instructions on how to embed using Dreamweaver, I got hopelessly lost.  I ended up doing it the way I described above - and while I was at it, simply defined the page margins and now my player is set up just where I wanted it to be in the frame.

http://www.sonic.net/~roo/SCWEP/

I've learned all of this from scratch - (ing my head, that is).  I thank these forums and the support of the SimpleViewer staff in helping with guidance, however - since it kept me going and helps me learn more.

Last edited by Imagery (2010-01-23 12:19:52)

Yes, I've read and re-read the section on how to embed SimpleViewer in a html doc. I somehow figured out a work around and finally got it place where I need it. Now I have to tackle the issue of my spry menu showing up behind the viewer when viewing in Navigator browser.

could you please tell me how you figured it out? i'm having a hell of a time and nobosy knows how to imbed it in dreamweaver cs3...

nobosy knows how to imbed it in dreamweaver cs3

Please check here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … reamweaver

Felix Turner

i looked there and it still doesnt help. those directions are for an old version of cs3. i still cant figure out where to put the code... or even what code i need or where to get it. i've been trying to get this going for 2 weeks and it still wont work for me...

those directions are for an old version of cs3.

Actually they are for CS4 but should be valid for all recent versions of Dreamweaver. Did you try following the instructions? Where did you get stuck?

Felix Turner

i followed the directions and got through it all properly, however like i said, i can't figure out code and how to get it to work within my page