Topic: How come Flickr photos have both a title and description?

The files in gallery.xml have just a single <caption>. But if you use Flickr instead, suddenly you get both a large title and a smaller description. Can you do it with gallery.xml too (<title> and <description> have no affect)?

Re: How come Flickr photos have both a title and description?

I still don't understand why is it only supported for Flickr.

It's done by using HTML in the caption tag, you can use the font tag to control the font size and <br> to add line breaks.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Can you post what does Flickr use? For example, does it use relative EM units or just static sizes?

I don't know what the data from flickr looks like, but it probably just comes in as text and SimpleViewer formats it. I would suggest using the sample caption form the link I provided as a base.

<caption><![CDATA[<font face="Times" size="20" color="#ffff00"> Big times text</font><b>bold text</b><u><a href="index.html" target="_blank">link text </a></u><br>New line of text]]></caption>

To something like this:

<caption><![CDATA[<font face="Times" size="20" color="#ffff00"><b> The Title</b></font><br>the description]]></caption>

or

<caption><![CDATA[<font face="Times" size="16" color="#ffffff"> The Title</font><br><font face="Times" size="10" color="#ffffff">the description</font>]]></caption>
Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.