Topic: Sharpening during Export in Lightroon vs. Photoshop

Hello,
In v2.01  see an option in the Lightroom  (TTG module) export settings to select sharpening that is performed at export, along w 3 options (low, standard, high) or none.

So some questions:
1. Any info on what sharpening is being performed? Is it an application of Unsharp Mask?

2. Does the Photoshop script export module perform sharpening by default? There is no setting for sharpening in the settings options that appear w the script. If it does, and assuming it is also Unsharp Mask for a contrast bump, is it the same sharpening as one gets in Lightroom (albeit w no options for low, standard, high)?

3. If there is sharpening in PS, is there a way to set the intensity of the sharpening as in LR?

4. If PS does apply sharpening by default, is there a way to disable it completely, such as there is in LR, where one can simply leave it turned off?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Ed

Re: Sharpening during Export in Lightroon vs. Photoshop

I do not believe that the Photoshop plugin sharpens the images. If Lightroom plugin is a TTG plugin I would ask on their site how the sharpening is being applied.

http://lightroom.theturninggate.net/fla … eviewer-2/

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

OK thanks. Can you confirm re the PS plug-in? (I do not believe that the Photoshop plugin sharpens the images.) THis should be a definite yes or no and if so, what.

I'll check w the TTG folks about the LR engine.
Best,
Ed

I looked through the plugin code it doesn't look like it sharpens the image.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.