Topic: Embedding Autoviewer problem

I have followed the instructions for embedding an autoviewer gallery into my wordpress site, however I still get the following msg: "AutoViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player.Get Flash. "

Can someone please tell me where I have gone wrong? My site is www.jeffhuntphotography.com

Thanks,  Jeff

Re: Embedding Autoviewer problem

<script type="text/javascript">
var fo = new SWFObject("autoviewer.swf", "viewer", "800", "600", "8", "#181818");
fo.write("flashcontent");   
</script>

according to the code for you weddings gallery the autoviewer.swf should be located at http://jeffhuntphotography.com/autoviewer.swf but it doesn't seem to be there. Either you have it in another folder and you need to point to it correctly or you need to upload it.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Miker for your assistance on this... I am only a novice web designer, so after struggling with this for so long, I truly appreciate your help!

I put everything in my root folder as you suggested, and everything worked fine at first. However after playing with it for a while and trying different galleries, my autoviewer is not only on my "wedding page", it is also on my home page at www.jeffhuntphotography.com ...    And since the gallery is FULL SCREEN, you now can't even get to any of the menu options.

Several questions:
1. How do I keep the autoviewer off of the home page? OR  How do I get it off?

2. I have tried changing the size of the gallery so that my website's header shows, but it just changes the size of the gallery but it still goes full screen. Do you have to have the PRO version to do this? OR is there another way to embed it and if so, how?

3. How do I get a different autoviewer gallery on my "portrait page" ? When I put the embed code there, it just showed the same wedding gallery...

4. Would purchasing and using the svmanager help with any of this OR make it easier to create and embed galleries? I have already tried the test they suggest, and I didn't get any errors, so it should work.

Again, any help you can provide on this would be great. And if you have a "donate" page for your assistance, please let me know where it is.

Thanks,  Jeff

Miker,

I know you are busy, so am still working on my problems while I wait for a response to see if I can't figure things out on my own smile

So far I have been able to finally get my autoviewer gallery up on my "weddings" page AND have it embedded under my header image!  HOWEVER the gallery showed up BEFORE I even put my revised gallery files back into my root folder!!! It just shows the previous gallery that I had up...
AND the old gallery is still showing up on my home page FULL SCREEN!

I have gone through all of my folders and files to see if I left any of the old files/galleries in there, and I don't see any. But they must be in there somewhere since it is showing up.

Can you please take a look at jeffhuntphotography.com and see why the gallery is taking over my home page. And can you please look at jeffhuntphotography.com/?page_id=34 to see what gallery it it referencing?

I am also still wondering if purchasing and using the svmanager help with any of this OR make it easier to create and embed galleries? I have already tried the test they suggest, and I didn't get any errors, so it should work.

Again, any help you can provide on this would be great. And if you have a "donate" page for your assistance, please let me know where it is.

Thanks,  Jeff