Topic: index page

Is there a way to have the index page only show a certain number of thumbs.  If I have 10 galleries, but I only want the index page to show 5 how do I set that?

Re: index page

How good are you with html/css? It's easy to hide things with css but you really need to know how to do css layouts (floats and stuff) if you don't want to be left with gaps.

And could you sort your galleries in svManager so that all the hidden ones come at the end of the listing? That might make it a bit easier.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm pretty good with html, but not so great with css.  My question was the main gallery page, where thumbs of all of my galleries are generated will continue to show.  I'm trying to display maybe 5 or 6 thumbs on my homepage, where the user can click and take them to the galleries page.  So my question is, does the free version of simpleviewer allow you to do this, or do I have to purchase the proversion?  I haven't seen any topics on this, so I want to make sure if I spend the money, I'm getting what I'm paying for.

Thanks!

The index page with a thumbnail for each gallery is provided by svManager. It makes no difference if you use SimpleViewer or SimpleViewer Pro.

The page is intended as a quick way to add a gallery index to your web site, especially if you add and delete galleries frequently or if you are building the site for somebody who does not have html skills.

If you do not add or delete galleries very often then it may be easier to create your own static home page with your own style and showing just the thumbnails for galleries you want. Each thumbnail would simply link to the index.php file inside the corresponding gallery folder. In that case, you can delete the page provided by svManager.

If you are constantly adding and deleting galleries then it may be better to customize the dynamic index page provided by svManager but this will require more work up-front.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.