Topic: Flash Embedding

Hi,

I am trying to incorporate SimpleViewer into an existing flash web site. All the existing files are done using Actionscript 2 and I am pretty hesitant to convert it as the budget is tight.

I have made a new .swf file (using Actionscript 3) embedding the simpleviewer and all is working really well. But when I try to load it into the main flash file it doesn't work...

So my question is, does the root movie have to be actionscript 3 too? If so is there any way around it?

Thanks

Re: Flash Embedding

Hi,

AS2 and AS3 are not compatible so the entire site needs to be one or the other. SimpleViewer-Pro v2.0 does include the v1.9 files in the 'v1.9' folder. SV v1.9 is AS2.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

You have three options you can write code to bridge the communications between AS2 and AS3, you could use SimpleViewer 1.9 which is AS2 or rewrite your app so that it is AS3.

Mike Richards

I'm interested in the AS2 version of simpleviewer pro. Is it the same-latest download available (1.982)? Or an older version.
If it's the older version, where/how can I get it?

Regards,
Alvaro

The SimpleViewer Pro download includes both version 2.0.1 and 1.9, the AS2 version of SimpleViewer is the 1.x series and the AS3 is the 2.x series. In the download look for the v1.9 folder.

Mike Richards