Topic: How many pics are no problem in one slide show or on webpage

Since I experienced massive problems with the fullscreen slide-show I ask myself if the lots of pics could be the problem. Because the slide-show contains over 100 mb and every five seconds a new pic is loaded means that the internet connection has to be able to download 100 mb in around 8 min. But this is not to much or is it.

Anyone knows?

sincerly

Re: How many pics are no problem in one slide show or on webpage

Hi,

what problems are you getting? SimpleViewer in AutoPlay mode will wait for the next image to preload before navigating to it, so large images and a slow connection should not be a problem.

A 100Mb gallery sounds a bit excesive. How many images are there and how big are the images?

In general you should save your images at a reasonable size for web display (dimensions around 1200x800, filesize around 200 Kb) to ensure the smoothest experience for your users.

It is possible to max out your browser memory if you have a large number of very large images, this can lead to jumpiness and browser crashing. Also make sure 'imagePreloading' is not set to 'ALL'.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: How many pics are no problem in one slide show or on webpage

Hello,

thank you very much for answering and ideas. The astonishing thing was that whenever I started my page with http://fabbfoto.de I experienced the mentioned problems. From the moment I started it with "www" at first the problems disappeared. Maybe you know why.

Again thanks for answeres

sincerly