Topic: Simple view does not work in IE 7 or 8 in Windows XP

I'm run Windows 7 with IE 8 and it look fine. In IE 7 or 8 on Windoes XP all we see is a white box. Is there a known fix for this?

NVM. I hacked it.

To whom it may concern:  Free I can understand, but I paid for the Pro version and I am upset that there is no support other than this forum to which there are many questions but very, very little receive a reply.

Last edited by MrSeverson (2010-01-30 18:59:36)

Re: Simple view does not work in IE 7 or 8 in Windows XP

If you are having trouble in one browser and not another the first thing to try is http://validator.w3.org/. If that does not help post the URL for the gallery that is having issues and we will be happy to take a look.

To whom it may concern:  Free I can understand, but I paid for the Pro version and I am upset that there is no support other than this forum to which there are many questions but very, very little receive a reply.

I'm sorry, the SimpleViewer page clearly states that support is only available via forums and we do try to answer every question.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Same problem.  IE with windows (any version of either) cannot access the galleries on the pages of my site.  The pages themselves do come up, just not the galleries.  It seems to work fine on a PC using any other browser and Mac as well.  I am using SVpro edition 2.0.1 and the embed code obtained from embed option on the program.  Also I have checked my pages at http://validator.w3.org/ and they read successful.  my splash page for the site is nathangriffithphoto.com

I'm guessing IE does not like how you are embedding the html into your page. I have seen several post with people using the code below lately that has caused one browsers or another to have issues. Why not just stick SimpleViewer in to the page instead of including one html in another?

<script type="text/javascript"><!--//--><![CDATA[//><!--
    var widget0_htmlMarkupURL = ".//gallery_a_files/widget0_markup.html";
//--><!]]></script>
            <div id="widget0-htmlRegion" class="html_region_widget"></div>

Also noticing that the url to the page has a double slash, nathangriffithphoto.com//gallery_a_files/widget0_markup.html, that may be causing issues.  If you really want to keep using that code try changing var widget0_htmlMarkupURL = ".//gallery_a_files/widget0_markup.html"; to not use a double slash.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.