Topic: Renaming XML File Help

Hello. Here's the scoop.. I have two galleries that i want on two different pages. Both galleries have the same names for its folder's contents (ie: gallery.xml, simpleviewer.swf, thumbs..)  So if you put it in the same main folder it wont work. I figured i could change the name of the xml file and redirect it though the html file like this example:
flashvars.galleryURL = "theXMLName.xml"
Now whats weird is that whatever I name the xml file doesnt seem to matter.  It won't work unless its named "gallery.xml" even when in the code I'll have it named something else.  I'm trying to finish up this site and need these two galleries on the two seperate pages to work.

Any help or advice?

Re: Renaming XML File Help

please post the URL of the gallery that is having trouble with flashvars.galleryURL = "theXMLName.xml"

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

the url is www.mattfrazierdesign.com/SingleSource (temp link)  and then click on the Single Source one. and the page in question is Automotive   (Industries served > Automotive)  its the same as medical even though I have it running out of another folder.  I'm confused.  Help me?  ha.

To add to this, it shows duplicate pages in IE and Safari, but in Firefox, the Automotive page just says to get flash.

its the same as medical even though I have it running out of another folder.

What folder is it "running out of"? If it's in another folder you will have to point to the XML using the galleryURL param.

Mike Richards

miker wrote:

its the same as medical even though I have it running out of another folder.

What folder is it "running out of"? If it's in another folder you will have to point to the XML using the galleryURL param.

It's supposed to be running out of the "automotivemedia" folder.. but i think the medical gallery in the main level of the folder gets first dibs or something?

Ok then you need to point to the XML if it's in another folder,  in your html add <param name="galleryURL" value="automotivemedia/gallery.xml"  /> to your embed code.

Mike Richards