Topic: Possible to make Autoviewer scroll pics vertically? (resolved)

I would like to purchase Autoviewer Pro if it is possible to customize it this way.  I would like the pictures to scroll vertically instead of horizontally.  Can you tell me if it is possible to edit either the gallery file or the flash file itself to do this?  I have limited experience with html coding and flash, so I apologize if this has an obvious answer.

I would like it to look like the gallery on this website: http://www.agnieszkaczarnocka.pl/

Last edited by Switch (2010-02-14 00:59:55)

Re: Possible to make Autoviewer scroll pics vertically? (resolved)

It is possible, but you would either have to familiarise yourself with flash or hire a developer as there are no how to instructions for this custom change.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Okay, I purchased the Pro Version and I'm looking at the flash files.  Could you possibly tell me which file I would look in to make the change to vertical scrolling?

Update: Okay, looking at it, I think I need to edit the StageManager.as file, but I know very little actionscript.  It doesn't look like the scrolling is controlled in the .fla file like I thought it would be.  So...If I am right and the StageManager.as file is the one to edit, can you tell me which part of the actionscript I need to change?  I can do some research on how to change it, but if I have to figure out what to change, I could be at this for a year.  I appreciate your help!

Last edited by Switch (2010-02-04 21:19:58)

I think I may have figured it out.  I'm going to replace all the XPos, YPos, etc. and all the _X and _y with the opposite value (x for y and y for x) in the StageManager file.  If that's incorrect, I would still love a reply, but I'm going to try it and see what happens.

I'm going to replace all the XPos, YPos, etc. and all the _X and _y with the opposite value

That sounds about right. Let us know how you get on.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Okay, so I changed all the things I said I was going to and now the stage scrolls vertically, but the pictures are sitting horizontally in line and scroll up as a group; they're not lining up vertically with the stage.  Any suggestions on how to fix that?

For someone who has not written a line of code in their life, I'm pretty proud of myself.  I figured it out without anyone's help.

The only other thing I had to do was switch the _x and _y in the Image.as file in the setPosn mClip_mc area.

Hope this helps anyone else wondering about this...or maybe I'm just the only weird one who would want this.  neutral