Topic: ***SOLVED*** Ajax related IE display problem..

Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully offer help..!

I have a slighlty different version of the IE display problem. My site uses an AJAX script to load the gallery object into a pane in the page, so that I can have multiple galleries in one page and one area. This works fine in FF and also IE7&8 on My pc, but not on IE on other PCs.

I read with interest the other threads about IE having difficulty in handling <OBJECT> tags properly, BUT - it seems that the recommended flash/JS embed doesn't work with the ajax script I have  sad

Please take a look if you can here: http://www.sezzyscrafts.co.uk/gallery.php and also at http://www.sezzyscrafts.co.uk/swfgallery.php for the non object embedded version - this is only the first gallery though ("All Jewellery").

I know there are some other ways to have multiple galleries on a single page, but I've not seen an elegant solution yet for keeping a single 'gallery window' to display them, so hence why I've gone this way.

There are quite a few included php files here so if someone has an idea on how to fix this, but needs to see more then please just ask and I will post the code up.

Many thanks for simple viewer by the way - it's fantastic!
Thanks for helping..

Last edited by FredKing (2010-02-08 20:16:42)

Re: ***SOLVED*** Ajax related IE display problem..

I would try fixing these errors you are messing things like a <head> tag when you are including a </head> tag.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Miker

Thanks for those pointers, I have cleaned my code to get those errors out and the page now validates, but of course the issue is still there in IE7&8 - something to do with IE <OBJECT> handling problems?

Can you see any way around the problem?

If anyone is able to help me with this, I'd be very grateful - I'm getting quite desparate to fix this now...

I can't think of any way to display multiple galleries in one div, other than to use this ajax includes script, but it doesn't handle the standard JS embed method, and IE7&8 totally screws the <object> embed method..

Please have a think guys, I really need your help with this!

try it with out the embed tag

<object width="679" height="700">
<param name="movie" value="simpleviewer.swf?galleryURL=./xml/jewellery.xml"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">
</param>
<param name="bgcolor" value="#F5FFF8"></param>
<embed src="simpleviewer.swf?galleryURL=./xml/jewellery.xml"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="679" height="700"
bgcolor="F5FFF8"></embed>
</object>

To:

<object width="679" height="700" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="simpleviewer.swf?galleryURL=./xml/jewellery.xml">
<param name="movie" value="simpleviewer.swf?galleryURL=./xml/jewellery.xml"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">
</param>
<param name="bgcolor" value="#F5FFF8"></param>
</object>

I can't think of any way to display multiple galleries in one div, other than to use this ajax includes script

If you use the pro version you can load multiple galleries through a flash.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Mike

Thank you very much - that is exactly the soloution!
I'm sorry that in this case Simpleviewer Pro loses a sale, but this is a very tight budget site, and my friend wouldn't have wanted to pay for the pro version - funny how 'important' these things are until money is talked about..

Still I am very impressed with SV, and will use it or SV Pro in any other or commercial sites I build. Most reassuring to know is that the SV dev team actually help out their customers, even for the free version, and that can only get you more business.

Thanks again...

Fred.

Last edited by FredKing (2010-02-08 20:08:04)