Topic: Fixed layout / horizontal centering

Hi-
Ive been working extensively with fixed layout so I could get the captions between the thumbs and image. Once I got everything laid out perfectly, I notice that i cannot get the entire gallery to stay centered.
I couldnt get it to embed properly so i used an iframe to embed it into the clients page. Problem is that when the resolution changes, the gallery stays left justified with in the frame (see here: http://www.williamcorey.com/ - change resolution and you'll see the issue)
Before I decided to use fixed layout, this would stay centered. Is there a way to fix this with the gallery.xml or should i use a different method of embedding the gallery?

Thank you kindly in advance.

Re: Fixed layout / horizontal centering

When viewing the gallery it didn't look like any of the images were centred. Since you are using fixed layout I would just move the image over a little to make it centred using imageAreaX.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

It is left justfied with imagex=0... I would like for the entire gallery to stay in the center regardless of resolution.

For example, when you resize the page (command + "+" or "-"), the rest of the pages content adjusts while the gallery stays put. I don't need it to resize, I'd just like it to stay centered when the frame around it gets larger. Does that make sense?

Hi,

we can't offer support for HTML issues, only SimpleViewer specific issues.

However I would recommend removing the iframe and using the recommended embed method. Set the width of the SWF to 100%.

Felix Turner

Thanks Felix,
but this is not an HTML issue. The flash over rides the HTML as far as floats and even if I do use the embed, it will still not automatically center using fixed layout. I guess what I'm looking for is a way to keep my captions where they are while also using the stagex=center. Any ideas?

So I tried embedding with the javascript method the way you guys have listed on your site and I get the exact same results: http://williamcorey.com/TEST_index.html
Using fixed layout, I cannot get the gallery to center. Not using fixed layout, I cannot get the captions between the image and the thumbs... Is this just a limitation of the software?

Using fixed layout, I cannot get the gallery to center. Not using fixed layout, I cannot get the captions between the image and the thumbs

You are correct: to get the captions between the image and the thumbs you need to use fixed layout mode. When using fixed layout mode, the gallery element positions are fixed. This means they will not move as the SWF changes size.

However you can center a fixed size SWF inside a div using CSS. To do this, use the same method as as for centering any other div. Try replacing the gallery with a solid color div or a fixed size image to get the CSS centering working first, then switch back to the SWF.

Felix Turner