Topic: Compact Mode using Picasa

So I am desigining a website using Dreamweaver...  This website is going to have a LOT of photo galleries on it.  I have played around with SimpleViewer and I really like it.

I use the Google Picasa photo organizer for my photos, and I discovered that you can get the SimpleViewer template to rapidly create photo galleries.  This is wonderful for me because not only is my site going to have a lot of pictures, the pictures are going to be changed a lot, so this method I think will work very well for me.

I am running into one issue, which I think is a simple one, but I cannot figure it out...  I want the exported gallery from Picasa to be in the "COMPACT" version, not the standard one.  I have crashed around in the code to try to swap out options, and I haven't had any luck.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?  I am smart enough to locate code that I need to change if given direction, its just that everything I have tried so far hasn't worked....

Re: Compact Mode using Picasa

SimpleViewer-Pro does not use the 'galleryStyle' option. If you want to replicate the 'COMPACT' style for Pro, use the xml options from the pro download 'examples/HTML_embed/compact.xml', or use the 'compact' preset in svBuilder.

You can modify the default XML options generated from the picasa plugin by editing the 'header.xml' file in the picasa template folder.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the reply!  That worked great!  I was able to change the XML file, now ever time I export its to my settings...

Now, my next question, I am hiving trouble embedding this newly created photo gallery in my website.  I am trying to place it in side a table, any idea how I do that? (In Dreamweaver..)

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … reamweaver

Felix Turner

SimpleViewer-Pro v2.0.3 now handles the galleryStyle option correctly. This ensures gallery behavior remains identical when upgrading to Pro.

Felix Turner