Topic: adding image problems - major frustation

So, I am running simpleviewer-pro and svmanager.

I have several galleries running fine - they are embedded in a php file, and everything was great...
Untill I added a couple of images to an existing gallery using svmanager.

Now, the images add and show in the svmanager just fine. They even show when I view the gallery from svmanager. But they shows as "X" when the gallery is embedded.

This has driven me nuts - PLEASE HELP!

standalone gallery--> http://www.jennymullins.com/jsm/installations/index.php
-- the last three images are the problem

embedded gallery --> http://www.jennymullins.com/jsm/index.p … tallations

The wierd thing is that all the other images show up fine in the embedded page except for the ones I added using svmanager. The image paths etc. are correct (ofcourse because they show up if you pull the first link above)

Thanks so much.

Re: adding image problems - major frustation

I think your best friend here will be the SimpleViewer 2 baseUrl parameter. To see how it works, take a look at this example. The example is directed at people embedding galleries in their home page but the principles are the same.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

jack wrote:

I think your best friend here will be the SimpleViewer 2 baseUrl parameter. To see how it works, take a look at this example. The example is directed at people embedding galleries in their home page but the principles are the same.

jack

Jack,

Thanks for your reply.

However, I don't think that is the problem. Note that even though all my images and thumbs are in the same respective directories, and the standalone index.php page shows all of the images, when I embed the gallery in my website, some images show, but some don't. Hence, I don't think it is a path issue, otherwise the problem would affect all images.

The commonality is that the images uploaded through svmanager don't show (the ones that show were manually added to gallery.xml before I had svmanager).

Any ideas?
Thanks

It took me a while to understand your setup but I think I've got it now. The first 8 images in your embedded gallery are in /jsm/images. There is another directory /jsm/installations/images which has a full set of images. The stand-alone gallery is picking-up the full set of images from /jsm/installations/images. The embedded gallery is picking-up the incomplete set of images from /jsm/images. I guess the same goes for the thumbs although I haven't looked.

So I still think you need to use the baseUrl parameter so that the embedded gallery can find the images in /jsm/installations/images. I think the following will work but you might need to experiment a little:

flashvars.baseURL="/jsm/installations/";

jack

Jack Hardie

jack wrote:

It took me a while to understand your setup but I think I've got it now. The first 8 images in your embedded gallery are in /jsm/images. There is another directory /jsm/installations/images which has a full set of images. The stand-alone gallery is picking-up the full set of images from /jsm/installations/images. The embedded gallery is picking-up the incomplete set of images from /jsm/images. I guess the same goes for the thumbs although I haven't looked.

So I still think you need to use the baseUrl parameter so that the embedded gallery can find the images in /jsm/installations/images. I think the following will work but you might need to experiment a little:

flashvars.baseURL="/jsm/installations/";

jack

Wow!
Major props to you Jack!

I spent hours trying to debug this...

Just for completeness and in case you hit any problems using baseUrl with your multi-gallery index page, there is another way to get the paths right by changing a setting in svManager. Try the baseUrl method first and come back if you need more information about the other method.

jack

Jack Hardie