Topic: Absolutely Vital Feature Requests

Just bought Simpleviewer Pro v2 and svManager.

I really would appreciate if you could add a define display order in svBuilder.

It displaying Z-a instead of A-z or oldest first is really doing my head in.

I use the software on a photo glamour model site, and it's important in which order the images are displayed in order to portray a story and the events in correct order. When it's being displayed in reverse order, it messes everything up.

While svManager can do what I need, it's just a bother and unecessary step as I need to download the gallery.xml and preferences.txt to my hd for backup purposes.

Love the product but this display order just adds another step that shouldn't be necessary. If I update or change something in svBuilder I have to go into svManager and change the display order again...

Another feature I'd like is local thumbnail generation within the svBuilder without having to rely on 3rd party software.

The only thing I use svManager with is changing the display order...not really worth 35$ if you ask me unless I can make it use the presets found in svBuilder.

My current workflow is to upload a premade gallery with the images to server, run gallerybuilder.php download the thumbnails to my local drive, use svBuilder with my custom preset, upload to server, import gallery to svManager, use svManager to fix the display order, then download the gallery to local drive for WinRAR backup.

If you have suggestions on how I can make the workflow smoother, feel free to suggest, perhaps I'm doing a few unneeded steps that could be excluded, but this is what works for me as I need at the moment. cumbersome...might not seem so bad if it's a few galleries, but I have over 400...

Update: Just noticed that svBuilder can change the order but now I need to use a rename program too as the A-z order gets fucked up. It displays t1.jpg t12.jpg t14.jpg t17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg 2.jpg <- say wut? 20.jpg 21.jpg instead of 1 2 12 14 17 18 19 20 21.

Last edited by eswiig (2010-02-12 20:44:11)

Re: Absolutely Vital Feature Requests

Is the svManager clone feature of any use in streamlining your workflow? I guess if it's 400 different gallery designs then the answer is 'no'. However, if many galleries share a common design then it could streamline the workflow a bit. You'd still have to download the backups of course.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'll check...

Can you please consider correct display order at least in the svBuilder?
or fix the display order in svManager, so it doesn't mess up the order?

Or perhaps thumbnail generating without 3rd party applications?

Fair point about svManager. Natural sort order for file names would be better – t9.jpg, t10.jpg, t11.jpg instead of the string sort t10.jpg, t11.jpg, t9.jpg. Bit of a pain to implement in php but I'll put it on the todo list.

In the meantime, how about setting the sort order in svManager to drag'n'drop? That way, svManager will not change any sort order that you've set in svBuilder – unless you drag'n'drop them yourself of course.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

For now i solved it by renaming it to 01.jpg 02.jpg etc.