Re: Post Feedback and Feature Requests Here!

TTG does not load properly ( from lightroom to the server ) as per our experience .
If i understand well you are not producing TTG
its seem to be  a different company

If i understand well you are not producing TTG
its seem to be  a different company

That is correct. TTG SimpleViewer was not written by ourselves.
However, it is well-supported by its author and it has its own forum here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Hi

Many thanks for the great features of SV-Pro.

First I would like to give you some feedback regarding the SIMPLEVIEWER FLASH EMBED fla file.
I have noticed that when you switch very quickly back and forth from gallery 1 to gallery 2 you get this Error mesage.
TypeError: Error #1009: Il est impossible d'accéder à la propriété ou à la méthode d'une référence d'objet nul.
    at com.airtight.simpleviewer::Preloader/::removeMe()
    at com.airtight.simpleviewer::Preloader/::onFadeOutDone()
    at com.airtight.simpleviewer::Preloader/::doFadeOut()
I have fixed that for my own website by adding a timer event that disable the button Clic action until the swf is fully loaded.

I cannot figure out why you added a toggle autoscreen button for it does not work at all !

Regarding the SV-Pro config options I have a query about the Caption positioning.
I assume that you can set it exactly where you want when using the fixedLayout captionX option. However by using this function you lose the benefit of having a resizable gallery in any browser which is really a drawback. So I wonder if it would be possible to include the captionX and Y properties for the modern resizable gallery in the future. This would be great.

@neko

Thank you for your feedback and feature suggestion.

I cannot figure out why you added a toggle autoscreen button for it does not work at all !

The 'Toggle Fullscreen' button works OK when the SWF file is embedded in an HTML page and viewed in a browser (try the 'simpleviewer_flash_embed.html' page in the 'simpleviewer_pro_220/examples/flash_embed/' folder).

Steven Speirs

80 (edited by wspollack 2012-01-11 19:27:04)

Hi. I bought SimpleViewer-Pro yesterday, and have the following suggestions, in no particular order:

Re the GUI:

- I'd like to be able to set the image resizing quality to 100%; the current limit seems to be 99%.

- The dark-on-dark scroll bars hard to see (when they go from gray to near black).

- The "Drop Shadow Strength" should be a checkbox, if its only valid values are 0 and 1.

- I'd like to see a recently-opened build list for reopening galleries, perhaps the last 10 or so projects; currently, only the path to the last-saved gallery is shown.

- I think the "First Image Index" should be 1-relative, not 0-relative; you don't show "Image 0 of 9" for 10 images - you display Image 1 of 10.

Generated Pages:

- I'd like to have the image drop shadow based solely on the image, not on the frame of the image. (I have some drop shadow questions, and I'll be posting them in the main v2 forum shortly.)

- I'd like to have the image frame made proportionally smaller as the browser window size decreases. If you resize the window to something like 800x600, the main image is much smaller (of course) but the frame becomes (relatively and noticeably) much larger.

If you'd like an actual example of what I'm talking about regarding the two suggestions above, take a look at this gallery - http://www.billanddot.com/2011-09%20Houston/ , made with jAlbum's MatrixSlide skin (which uses HighSlide javascript code) - and this gallery - http://www.billanddot.com/Houston/ , made with SimpleViewer - Pro (and designed, as much as I learned how to do in a few hours, to sort of mimic that other page). Look at both with a high-resolution monitor, and then decrease the browser window to, say, 800x600. (You'll have to refresh the MatrixSlide window, but not, of course, the SV2 window.) Notice how well the drop shadow works in MS, along with the border's maintaining its relative proportion. (Yes, there is no question that SV does some things much better than MS - multiple vertical thumb columns, iPad compatibility, full-screen mode, and some other things, which is why I'm trying out SV in the first place.)

- I'd like to see the number of rows of a vertical thumbstrip changed on the fly, based on browser window size... just as the main image gets resized. If you have a row number too high for a small browser window, the top and bottom thumbs are not shown (and neither are the thumbstrip navigation buttons, unless you float them; this makes changing thumbstrip pages impossible, as there isn't a vertical scroll bar, either). You'll notice that the (yes, single-row) MatrixSlide thumbstrip changes in this regard.

- For non-Flash viewing, I'd like "page x of y" changed to "Page x of y"

- I'd like to be able to set a page's favicon (without my having to embed the SV-generated code).

- I'd like to be able to supply an icon, rather than text, for Back navigation (which I'm using as a homepage link).

- Or, I'd like to be able to add a Home (or Back) nav button to the image nav button group. You see how nice this looks on my MS page?

- I'd like a smaller "Triangle" size button for thumbnail navigation (i.e., similar in size to the image nav arrows).

- [Edit, almost forgot:] I'd like image nav buttons for First Picture and Last Picture in a gallery.

Cheers,

Bill P.

Thanks for your reply.
Actually I eventually managed to make the 'Toggle Fullscreen' button works, just by setting the Allowfullscreen property to true in the index.html file !

By the way I have other queries, is it possible to send you a screen capture so that you can figure out more easily what is exactly involved ?

- It is still about the caption stack. I'd like to be able to deal with two separate Captions. One from the image text and the other for the image number so that I could have them at different places, and even set the image number centered, to the left or to the right.

- I understand all the benefit of the resizable image area to fit the different browsers. I would really appreciate to keep this benefit and have access in the meantime to all the fixed layout properties (except obiously the ones regarding the imageAreaWidth & Height which would be set only as maximum). This would really be a great improvment.

- In addition it would be valuable if it was possible to give a color background to the thumb Area.

Many thanks
Arno T

@neko

By the way I have other queries, is it possible to send you a screen capture so that you can figure out more easily what is exactly involved ?

Please check you email. I have sent you a message.

Steven Speirs

Three weeks ago I posted a message about  Thumb loading troubleshooting.  I had noticed something wrong during the loading process of the simpleviewer swf . As I wanted thumbs to be absolutely on the right I had to withdraw 20 pixels at the mcLoader x property. If not done thumbs were cropped on their right as the browser first loaded the swf. It was only after resizing that they got their proper place. 
I thought for some time that  this bug had something to do with the thumb loading process which did not take into account the final thumbWidth and Height.

Eventually I found the mistake and fixed it !
I  added this line of code
svAPI.setSize(mcLoader.mcFrame.width,mcLoader.mcFrame.height);
in my fla file into the onGalleryLoaded function.

Sorry if this does not really make sense.

Regards

@neko

Thank you for posting the solution to your problem. Perhaps others will benefit from it.

Steven Speirs

Just starting to use SV Pro for my interior design portfolio. One nice feature on the mobile album would be a loop function - when a user comes to the end of the album, the "next" button takes them back to the first pic.

hi,
maybe i didn't find but it would be fine if thumbnails could have a proportional size whith images , not only square or fixe values.
maybe an additional parameter in sv builder pro
whatever it's a geat galery

below20hz wrote:

Hi I love the software, just wish for TWO things:

2) It'd be really really great if there was a way to publicly share presets with previews, especially a central place on your site. I can see this possibly boost sales if there was a community stash of presets to download for free for pro users. It'd be a big time saver, eliminating the hassle of taking the time to play with all the presets to get a certain look when you *know* someone has already figured out the look you're going for and posted it in the preset download section.

If either of those has already been requested, sorry for the repost.

-Ethan

I just came here looking for that! I wanted to see more types of galleries and possibly download the files for it. There are 4 demos that exist, but this is a really good idea to let the community share!

88 (edited by SimpleUser 2012-03-01 03:21:04)

My wishes:

1) Add support for thumbs of images with different ratios (landscape, square, portrait).

2) Additionally, and as a workaround for the above, allow creation of thumbnails with a surrounding square, so that nothing will be cropped or resized.

3) Allow to add *good* and configurable sharpening for created thumbnails

4) Allow to add *good* and configurable sharpening for scaled images (due to screensize)

5) Allow for "Mouse-Wheel" not only for the images, but also to change the thumbnails when the mouse if hovering  exactly over the thumbnails (like with the navagation buttons).
This way, one can easily jump between both images and the shown part of the galleries thumbnails!
(If that was understandable ... please ask, if not)

6) Allow to make the "numeric" type of thumbnail-navigation more small.
Just show "first, previous, current, next and last" part of the gallery.

For example, when you are in gallery part 7 of 27, show: "1 6 7 8 ... 27"

7) Add a new button style for the thumbnail navigation buttons: same buttons as in the toplevel menu (back, forth, download, ...). Looks better, when all buttons with the same effect also look the same :)
The "cursor" type images could also benefit from the same graphics!

Thank you!

Nevertheless, i already bought SV :)

Is it possible to make in a new version different sizes for horizontal padding and vertical padding at thumPadding?

This option would make the viewer more flexible.

I want to make two columns of thumbs. The Main image in the middle.

Currently, the overlay "fade in" duration can be specified, and the overlay drops at image exit.

Especially when the overlay is set to display always, it would be much more attractive if the overlay would fade out before the image exits.

So, my suggestion is that a parameter be added that will control overlay fade out duration.

Thanks!

Built-in functionality to parse images from a Picasa Album feed.

I checked out Paul van Roekel's method, but even his own demo (where you add a username) wasn't working.

On a multi-authored cms site, being able to pull from Flickr and Picasa is important.

Thanks.

(If this is already available, I couldn't find it.)

@Dave Pitman

Thank you for your suggestions.

(If this is already available, I couldn't find it.)

You are correct. SimpleViewer does not have built-in functionality to fetch images from a Picasa Web Album.

I checked out Paul van Roekel's method, but even his own demo (where you add a username) wasn't working.

Perhaps something has changed with the Picasa API which affects his script. You could submit a bug report on his contact page.

Steven Speirs

Perhaps something has changed with the Picasa API which affects his script. You could submit a bug report on his contact page.

Perhaps.

I filled out his form several days ago, and havn't heard anything.

Can I get a support number?? I cannot get this program to work or I want my money back. :mad:

@jusroz365

SimpleViewer-Pro support is carried out via the support forums. We do not offer telephone support.

Issuing you with a refund would not be a problem but I would be happy to try to help you with your problem.
Please create a new thread in the SimpleViewer-Pro v2 forum giving more information about the problem you are facing. For example, what method you are using to create your gallery, at what point you get stuck, what error messages are displayed (if any), what you see (or do not see) and what you expect to see. Also, if possible, please provide the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look. Thank you.

Steven Speirs

Hello everybody,

I use SimpleViewer everyday and this is really a good gallery. There is a lot of options and it's really easy to implement.

I posted a question there : http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … p?id=15070
and I have been told that this is actually not possible and that I should repost my question here...

So here I am.

I would like to be able to setup a watermark image with an hyperlink on a specific image of my album and not to the entire album.

For example, I have sometime an image in the album that is reffering to a video. I wish I could put a link on the image (like a watermark) to allow the person to watch the video on another page.
Actually I put the hyperlink in the caption but this is not as nice as if it was on the image itself.

Thanks a lot for your answer and/or workaround (if any).

Best regards.

Feature request: changeImageonHover should allow selection of an image, or said another way, linkURL is not useful when changeImageonHover is enabled because you cannot stop on an image and click it.

It would seem that the changeImageonHover option has no use or value if you are unable to select an image and act on it when the option is enabled.  I think this can be easily corrected with a couple of lines of actionscript in the thumbnail button that senses rollover and switches the image unless a thumbnail has been clicked:

on(press){
   changeImageonHover = false;
}

and a new 'perimeter' button surrounding the thumbnail array to sense mouse movement outside the thumbnails and turn changeImageonHover back on if necessary:

on(rollover){
  changeImageonHover = true;
}

Now you can rollover the thumbnails until you see the image you want, click on the thumbnail to select it, and then move to the image to click it and link to your linkURL.

Just a simple thanks  :)  :)

I don't use most of the advanced features, but have just simply upgraded to the new version with universal playback and all my galleries worked fine - excellent reverse compaitbility with old xml files and a simple copy/paste of the new embed code

TA! :D

Hi,

I'm using separate thumbURL, imageURL and linkURL attributes in XML gallery-config, to, provide small thumbs (obviously), screen-resolution optimized image (imageURL) and an option to download a hires version (linkURL). Unfortunately the hires version is triggered only by Open in new window button, but not by Download image button, which downloads the smaller version (imageURL). Which is sad, IMHO. :)
if I correctly understand the documentation, there is no way to configure Download button to use the linkURL path. Or am I wrong? I'd like to have this possibility. Due to backward compatibility concerns this could be done by introducing additional config option, with default behavior the old way.

Cheers,
Rafal

@komor

if I correctly understand the documentation, there is no way to configure Download button to use the linkURL path.

That is correct. The 'Download Button' will always point towards the imageURL (the main image actually being displayed in the gallery).
Other than using the 'Open Image' button in conjunction with the linkURL (and perhaps changing button's rollover tooltip text via the languageList configuration option), you could perhaps create direct links to your hi-res images in your image's captions using HTML formatting as documented in this FAQ:
How do I add HTML formatting to my captions?

Due to backward compatibility concerns this could be done by introducing additional config option, with default behavior the old way.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Steven Speirs