SimpleViewer is currently on version 2.3.1. Check the version history to see the new features added in the latest version. This page has instructions on how to upgrade from previous versions, as well as links to previous version's documentation.
Which Version Do I Have?
To determine which version number of SimpleViewer you are using:
- Run svBuilder and do Help -> About svBuilder...
- OR - open the readme.html file in your SimpleViewer download folder and view the version number at the top.
- OR - open your gallery in a browser, then right click the SWF to see the version number.
How to Upgrade
Download the latest version of SimpleViewer here.
- Uninstall previously installed version of svBuilder
To retain presets from a previous version of svBuilder, you need to manually copy the preset xml files from the previous version 'presets' folder to the new version 'presets' folder. Presets are kept in the following location:
- Mac: Delete the 'svBuilder' file from the Applications folder. Delete any copies of svBuilder on a backup drive. Then do 'Empty Trash'.
- Windows: Use Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs
- Mac OS X: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/svBuilder/Local Store/VERSION_NUMBER/presets/
- Windows XP : C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\svBuilder\Local Store\VERSION_NUMBER\presets\
- Windows Vista and Windows 7: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\svBuilder\Local Store\VERSION_NUMBER\presets
Upgrading Existing Galleries
To upgrade your existing SimpleViewer galleries to the latest version , follow these steps:
- Install the latest svBuilder (see above).
- Make a copy of your existing gallery folder.
- Use svBuilder to open your copied gallery folder.
- Go to the Publish panel and click 'Save'. To avoid overwriting your existing HTML, enter a different name as the Index Page Name.
- Your gallery has now been upgraded.
SimpleViewer Documentation Archive.