Topic: Convertion/upgrade of a SV 1.8 gallery to 2.1 fails with svBuilderPro
According to the description in the FAQ I tried to convert the "gallery.xml" of an older gallery (created with Picasa template for SV 1.8) by using svBuilderPro 2.1 (most recent).
Problem: The local folder with then contents was parsed, the old image descriptions could be extracted successfully, but the reference to the images (file name and subfolder) seems to get lost completely. In svBuilder, no thumbnails are shown after opening the folder with the complete contents, there's no filename either.
In the FAQ I found the remark
To convert an existing gallery from v1.9 to v2 check here.
Does that mean I can't convert v1.8 galleries?
There's no such remark regarding a minimum version number in the description of SV 2.1:
Upgrading Previous Galleries to Version 2.1
Its easy to upgrade your existing SimpleViewer galleries to v2.1. The original config options, images and captions will be preserved.
To upgrade your gallery, follow these steps:
1. Make a copy of your existing gallery folder.
2. Download the latest SimpleViewer files.
3. Install and run svBuilder.
4. Use svBuilder to open your copied gallery folder.
5. Go to the Publish panel and click 'Save'. To avoid overwriting your existing HTML, enter a different name as the Index Page Name.
6. Your gallery has now been upgraded to v2.1. To embed a v2.1 gallery into an existing HTML page, check here.
I did everything just as described here. Only, there are no pictures in step 2 of the opening process in svBuilder.
Now I'm not sure if there is a migration path from 1.8 to 2.1 and if there is one, why the import of the 1.8 gallery fails...
Looking forward for a helpful answer,