Re: New to autoviewer

do you think thats what i should do?

Have you tried my suggestion of renaming your 'gallery.xml' file to 'gallerydata.xml'?
Being that you are using an older version of AutoViewer (v1.3), this may solve your problem as I believe the default XML filename for v1.3 was 'gallerydata.xml'.

Otherwise, as Mike has suggested, use the download link that came in your purchase email to download the latest version.
If you cannot find the email/link, please fill in this form: http://simpleviewer.net/support/admin/upgrade.html

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

switching that did help out. now im just receiving an X where the images should be.  In my server directory i should have the images in seperate folder then the / correct?  i have them in a sub directory of images and thumbnails

If you want to be using the latest version of the pro gallery with the files you have produced you need to download the pro version again. Or you could switch your gallery.xml name and adjust the image paths to get the images to show up. You can see at the changes between the older version and the current version 1.4 here, maybe that will help you make your decision. If you decide to use the older version and continue the have issues getting the images to show we can help you with that.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

i really dont need any of those features so i would just like to try and figure this out. please!  :)

In your 'gallerydata.xml' file, change all instances of <url> to <filename> and all instances of </url> to </filename>

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team