Topic: Thumbnails not generating despite Created Thumbnail response
The problem, using 1.8: Despite following the Automatic Web Server instructions perfectly (and several times over to be on the safe side), I continue to only see white "X"s where the thumbnails should be. I've read several other posts that sounded similar, but none seemed to match this problem. If someone knows of a post that fits the following and offers a solution, please let me know.
1) I went through the entire process going through the following steps. I unzipped simpleviewer.zip, and I then unzipped buildgallery_php.zip into the same simpleviewer directory. I put a few test photos into the images folder, and I then uploaded all of those files into a folder called test01.
2) I then change permissions with the Panic Transmit (OS X) FTP client, as follows:
buildgallery.php - 777 rwxrwxrwx
gallery.xml - 666 rw-rw-rw-
thumbs - 666 rw-rw-rw-
I then confirm the permissions for each to make sure.
3) In Firefox, I navigate to http://ameth.org/~brett/test01/buildgallery.php (the location of this particular test run's build script)
A moment later I get the following response:
Creating XML and thumbnails for SimpleViewer.
Sorting images by date.
Sorting images in reverse order.
- Created Image Entry for: 013_14A.JPG
- Created Thumbnail for: 013_14A.JPG
- Created Image Entry for: 011_16A.JPG
- Created Thumbnail for: 011_16A.JPG
- Created Image Entry for: 010_17A.JPG
- Created Thumbnail for: 010_17A.JPG
Successfully created XML document: gallery.xml
4) At that point it looks like everything went perfectly. Thumbnails seem to have been created for all three images in the images folder. However, when I load the page, the active image appears, but the thumbnails show white "X"s, as illustrated in this screenshot: http://ameth.org/~brett/nothumbs.jpg ( By the way, the directory discussed here is at http://ameth.org/~brett/test01/ )
5) I then confirm by FTP that there indeed are no thumbnails in the "thumbs" folder, despite the response detailed above stating that the thumbnails were created.
So, with all of that said, I've tried all of this repeatedly in different ways, with slightly different permissions, etc, and I've had nothing but the same result. I also went in to buildgallery.php and made the useCopyResized = true change, to no avail.
If anyone has any advice on this, or knows of any posts that already covered this specific problem, PLEASE let me know. I'm anxious to use 1.8, but I have no idea when the iPhoto Export app will be updated for that version... (anyone know?)