Re: Post Feedback and Feature Requests Here!

In setting up an SV Pro gallery for use/viewing on both a conventional PC browser--using Flash, and on a Mobile device such as the iPad, I initially had the background color of the gallery set to white, FFFFFF. Other than the styling limitations in the Mobile version, the "thumbnail page" was fine...

...until I changed the background color to gray (A9A9A9) and appearing on the page was white text "page 1 of 1".  This pageCount text was not wanted on the page.

I subsequently learned through posting this "problem" that there was no known method to eliminate this "page 1 of 1" text.  It also appeared to me from the replies to my post that there was no way to change the color of the text.  ??? Does this mean it is always white?  And therefore the only "workaround" to eliminating the text is to set a white background for the gallery?

My suggested "Feature Request" is to provide a method to control this text:  showPageCount="true / false" and pageCountTextColor="_ _ _ _ _ _"

Thank you,

Dan Kaufman

One thing would help....the ability to set the image and thumb path to something other than "images" and "thumbs".

Have you tried using the 'baseURL' option: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … l#external

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

My suggested "Feature Request" is to provide a method to control this text:  showPageCount="true / false" and pageCountTextColor

Good idea. This will go in a future version.

Felix Turner

Hi,
The one gripe i have is the unability to remove the open image in new window button, as this allows people to right click and save an image to their computer, this could be an option on the customisation tab

The one gripe i have is the unability to remove the open image in new window button

Use the 'showOpenButton' option, found in the standard options.

Felix Turner

Felix wrote:

The one gripe i have is the unability to remove the open image in new window button

Use the 'showOpenButton' option, found in the standard options.

Thanks Felix will have a look at that tomorrow

Hi, I'm relatively seasoned SV user, but I just went pro and I'm fiddling with the pro-options. I think I noticed one ommition in the documentation, regarding backButtonFontColor option from the Back Button section. The docs say it's default value is #FFFFFF, but it's true only if you don't change the default value of textColor from Standard Options section. If I change textColor then it's value is inherited by backButtonFontColor. You have to manually re-set backButtonFontColor="#FFFFFF" in the XML config to have it white.

As per Steven request here I'm crossposting a feature request to implement the Back Button in the Mobile version of the SV player. Also, it would be nice to have more clarification in the docs, which options work in the Mobile player.
Additionally, I'd like to kindly suggest moving the default backButtonText to localizable strings, as I suggested in a separate thread.

Thanks for great piece of software, guys. :)

Flickr parameters regarding font size.
It seems that flickrTitleFontSize is an equivalent to traditonal captionFontSize (it displays title and/or caption from Flickr-image). But flickrTitleFontSize has a different default value (22) than captionFontSize (14) and that causes the players (both mobile and Flash-based) to behave differently. When I set flickrTitleFontSize="14" in the XML-config then it fixes the Flash-based player – caption has the same size, regardless pictures are hosted on Flickr or on my server. But mobile player still displays different font size in Flickr-mode than in normal-mode. See the screenshots (flickrTitleFontSize set to 14 in XML-config):
server-hosted gallery
Flickr-hosted gallery

Last edited by komor (2011-06-20 07:09:54)

On larger screens, with % heights it looks a little untidy when there is a large space between the main image and thumbnails. I think it would be cool, and a little more aesthetically pleasing, if thumbnails were "attached" to underneath the main image.

Thanks for the great product, and even more excellent customer service.  :cool:

I would like to suggest a feature of thumbnails scaling. Currently only the main image is scaled when the browser window is resized.  This creates a situation where for small window dimensions - for example, on portrait oriented displays - a gallery can look awkward, with image very small next to pretty large thumbnails (I am talking about "thumbnails on the left" configuration.) If the thumbnails were to scale as well, this would leave more space for the image and the gallery would look better in general.
Thanks for the great product!

I'd like to request that the relationship between the various elements of a gallery be better documented.

I'm playing around with SimpleViewer Pro, trying to get the layout I want, and it occurs to me that I'm essentially guessing at values and then trying to interpret the results. It seems like a lot of work, and all I'm doing is piecing together a rough approximation of how these values are being interpreted. This is further complicated by the interplay between layout values for various elements.

If this were HTML/CSS I'd be able to observe what's going on, but because it's flash the whole thing seems more or less opaque. (Unless I'm missing something.)

This is further complicated by the interface of svBuilder which makes it difficult to see more than a few of these values at any one time. Maybe it could be redesigned with a 'Layout' header under which you could spell out all of the various layout related settings.

I like SimpleViewer a lot, but in terms of usability it's a little lacking.

@robreed

Perhaps the SimpleViewer-Pro Layout Guide will help: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … guide.html

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Yes that looks very helpful. Thanks for the link. Cheers.

It would be wonderful to have access to the .fla as in earlier versions to allow editing graphic symbols, customizing is a powerful advantage. Short of that, the ability to inject custom .png buttons for navigation would be a significant enhancement, even if for coding purposes it forced one to use a predetermined naming convention.

I'm very grateful to see Simpleviewer's continued development and as such can foresee using it well into the future.

It would be helpful if when saving a preset in svBuilder Pro, that the preference for 'max image size' on the Images tab be saved with that preset as well the preferences for the rest of the options on that tab.

BUG REPORT

Looking for a gallery on iPad display, then it is a non-Flash gallery, under the thumbnails it is writen "page 1 of 1" instead "page 1 sur 1" for the french version.

It would be amazing if you implemented autoplay into the iPad/mobile ap.  Slideshows are very conducive to the way people use/view iPads (in conjunction with the great, current 'sweep' ability - nice job!).  Especially when galleries are large, people become impatient having to slide every frame; with autoplay they can sit back and enjoy.  Love the thumbs, love the swipe- just please add the autoplay.  Thanks!!!

-Rob G.

hallo,
can we imagine one day a thumbnail grid over the image like :
http://galleria.aino.se/themes/miniml/

a "thumbnail" icon would put a grid over the image, we can browse and select one image and the slideshow starts at this position
a "info" button toggles on/off the caption

best regards
marc

I have some suggestions, that would be pretty crucial to me:

1) An option to start a gallery with a thumbnail only page.

+

2) An option to browse the images without any thumbnails (I know this is possible now, but I'd rather not have no thumbnails at all)

3) An option to not show any thumbnails in full screen mode. This seems pretty standard behaviour to me for a full screen option.

4) Get rid of flash altogether. This improves compatibility and (arguably) speed, and also SEO.

Last edited by Azrael (2011-09-01 01:03:31)

VIDEO SUPPORT PLEASE

Thats the most important thing for me these day most people done just have artwork or photos to present that also have a demo reel.

I've scoured the internets looking at galleries thats support Images & Videos and I've not seen anything that even comes close to simpleviewer in terms of how the over look, feels and ease of use. For me its the best out there.

Seems theres been quite a few people who have asked about video support. Are there any plans in the pipeline? I'm not even bothered if you only support just 1 format to start with or even if its only embedded videos from somewhere like vimeo.

I just need that support for video.

Ive tried running a video file similar to how a image file load all is good but as your probably aware there are issues with autoplaying/playback and no controls.

Is there a quick fix to these Issues? I'm guessing not otherwise they would have been solved by now.

Thanks

Can xml files save to month folders?

I think for very large gallery like >10,000 galleries, the long list of xml under a single uploads folder is unmanageable.

does SV have some kind of photo marking (like a checkbox) to allow viewers to select photos?

i was looking for something simple, like check/unckeck photos, and send selection "numbers" by mail, or something.

no need for "shopping" features, just "selection"

@nkkhoo

Can xml files save to month folders?

WP-SimpleViewer does not currently have this functionality.

@malow

does SV have some kind of photo marking (like a checkbox) to allow viewers to select photos?

SimpleViewer-Pro does not currently have this functionality.

Thank you both for posting your suggestions for feature requests.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Great work with the pro version but a simple change could make a nice performance gain..

Please consider an option that would allow us to set the 'Download Image' button to linkURL.

This would enable us to use 3 images sizes for the gallery; thumbnails for SV to load (I'm using 75x75px), display size images for SV to load (I'm using 1280x720px) and originals (mine are 4000x3000px).

I'm using the 'Open Image' hack at the moment which is a bit messy and think this simple change would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Matt.