Re: Post Feedback and Feature Requests Here!

Hi I love the software, just wish for TWO things:

1) There is no easy way to order the thumbnails. I can drag one thumbnail up or down, but I can't quickly put it at the top or bottom. And if I need to move more than one thumbnail, it's a real chore. Yes I can edit the gallery xml, but to streamline my workflow it'd be a lot easier to not have to open another piece of software when I just wanna quick add a few pics to a gallery.

2) It'd be really really great if there was a way to publicly share presets with previews, especially a central place on your site. I can see this possibly boost sales if there was a community stash of presets to download for free for pro users. It'd be a big time saver, eliminating the hassle of taking the time to play with all the presets to get a certain look when you *know* someone has already figured out the look you're going for and posted it in the preset download section.

If either of those has already been requested, sorry for the repost.

-Ethan

hello,

really nice work, but.. =)

to keep it simple -- mobile back button, please =)

--
pete

Hi

An idea for a simple extra feature: a parameter to specify at which photo index to start the gallery.

Grtz

@vansteelandt
This already exists.
Please see firstImageIndex in the 'General Options' section of the 'SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options' page: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … ml#general

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Must've overlooked it.
Thanks man!

Hello,
missing a Slideshow in Mobile player.
Is this possible?

Best regards
Stefan

hey,
Thanks for a great product.

I would like the thumbnails to be fading in on hover (from StartOpacity to HoverOpacity, maybe with ActiveOpacity).

It seems pretty easy to do since there's an Thumb Load Brightness function which changes thumbnail opacity.

Regards,
TikTak

Dear developers,

it's been posted before, I know. I would just like to add my support for the demand for a video feature. As my new camera (as every new camera nowadays) records rather good quality video, I find myself adding some live impressions as well as taking still photographs. Now of course it would be great to mix these in with the photos in a SimpleViewer gallery. As has been stated before, the quickest way of implementation would be appreciated as long as the viewer experience is as fluent as it's now with stills.

You have written somewhere that video is in the pipeline. Could you please give me a rough idea of when to expect it?

Thank you very much for this great product.

Martin

Hi all

I was wondering if there will ever be the possibility to add and show a description to a gallery?
Seems like a basic feature, but maybe you guys intentionally left that out to keep it simple?

Thanks.

@vansteelandt

Each gallery can have a unique Title.
The Title can be positioned and styled using the Title Options as described here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … html#title
The Title can be further styled using HTML formatting as described in this FAQ: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#custom_2
This will allow you to create a multi-line Title with different formatting on each line (or within each line) which you could use as a gallery's description.

Steven Speirs

And can this be set outside the gallery.xml file?

The gallery's Title should be set as an attribute to the opening <simpleviewergallery> tag in the gallery's XML file, eg:

<simpleviewer title="Gallery Title Goes Here">

However, it can also be set as a flashvar within the embedding code in the gallery's HTML index file.

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars={};
flashvars.title="Gallery Title Goes Here";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Please note that if the gallery's Title is set via both the XML file and as a flashvar, the XML value will take precedence.

Steven Speirs

Allright, that's clear.
Thanks Steven for your fast response!

Hello SimpleViewer Team,

I would like to know if in a future version we will be able to manage the Watermarks by image and not by gallery.

In my case I would like to watermark a specific image. This image is the first image of a movie (album exported using Picasa).
The "watermarkLinkURL" of this specific image would be a link to the movie.
Actually, if I use the Watermark feature it applies to the entire gallery and this is not what I want (in this specific case).

Thanks in advance for your answer.

And again : Great work ! This is really a nice program :-)

Have a good day and "Happy New Year" in advance !

Hello Simpleviewer developer team,

I love the Simpleviewer product, the flash version is great but I do miss many configurable CSS layout features in the mobile non-flash.
I have tried to set an image border in a child class and it worked except that the picture is cut-off. The javascript is ignoring that the image is slightly larger because of the border. Using a border in the parent container does also not work because the image is smaller than the parent container.

What I like is that I can use one file the gallery.xml which I can configure with the same settings for the flash and non-flash gallery.

Thanks in advance, it is a great programs.

I have would love to see the thumbnails dynamically resize with the browser window dimensions, just as I have the main image automatically change size. Right now as someone views my site with a browser window sized small- the thumbnails remain larger than ideal.

Also, it would be great if someone viewing the gallery could make a selection of images (with a check box perhaps) that would allow them to view those images immediately after one another rather than searching back and forth to find the images scattered throughout the gallery.

Other than that- great product!

Could you add to the captionPosition parameter values that use as reference the corners of the main image e.g. BOTTOM_RIGHT?

Thanks!

Hello, great work in creating this fabulous app.
I have SimpleViewer 2.20 Pro and i just found a limitation:
- on svBuilder Pro, usually I'm using the rotate buton (on Images section) in order to adjust portait/landscape pictures, but for some of my images I'm not able to see the thumbnail (on sv-builder images section). And it seems that the reason for the presence of '@' char inside the picture's name. E.g.
   - my picture name is '2011.12.15-1stDay@Home-PIC001.JPG' -> not able to see the thumbnail in order to check correct rotation
   - if I replace '@' with '-' then I can see the thumbnail.

Thanks,
dedufabian

@cevamisto

In order to display an image, its filename will, at some point become part of a URL.
According to RFC 3986, Section 2.3:

Characters that are allowed in a URI but do not have a reserved purpose are called unreserved.  These include uppercase and lowercase letters, decimal digits, hyphen, period, underscore, and tilde.

It would be much safer to only use A-Z, a-z, 0-9, '-', '.', '_' and '~' in filenames.
'@' is a reserved character. Please see RFC 3986, Section 2.2.

Nevertheless, thank you for reporting the issue you have discovered.

Steven Speirs

Hi

is there a way to start directly on hte first image  without having any thumbnails at all
at the beginning or the end or under
I am using  latest pro version
on Lightroom 3.6  and TTG_simpleviewer-2_LR.3  plug in

Also i am having problems transferring online from lightroom to the server: a svcore problem...
If i do it manually from the desktop, it works
is it a permission problem?

@hikou

is there a way to start directly on hte first image  without having any thumbnails at all

Yes. you can start the gallery on any image you like using the Pro Option firstImageIndex.
Please see the 'General' section of the SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options page for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … ml#general

without having any thumbnails at all

You can disable thumbnails in the Flash Player by setting thumbPosition="NONE": http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … tml#thumbs
Thumbnails can be disabled in the Mobile Player by setting mobileShowThumbs="FALSE": http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … tml#mobile

Also i am having problems transferring online from lightroom to the server

Please see this post by the author of TTG SimpleViewer (from the TTG SimpleViewer forum).
I do not know if the upload functionality of Lightroom has improved since the post but if FTP works, then that would be the recommended method of uploading a gallery.

Steven Speirs

Why dont you proposed a lightroom loader like slide slideshow pro is doing ...
( for flash only )
The need here is to get a viewer that is not flash  but HTML5 for 100% compatibility
with Iphone and Ipad and and

The need here is to get a viewer that is not flash  but HTML5 for 100% compatibility
with Iphone and Ipad and and

SimpleViewer (since v2.1) includes Universal Playback. Please see here for details: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … #universal

Steven Speirs

sorry I meant a version we could use from Lightroom

I'm not sure I follow you...
A gallery created by TTG SimpleViewer has Universal Playback functionality built-in automatically.
If the gallery is displayed in a mobile device or a browser which does not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled, then the gallery will be displayed by the Mobile Player.

Steven Speirs