1 (edited by atelierk 2015-01-21 19:47:14)

Topic: Getting 403 Permission Denied when trying to add SV Gallery

Installed and activated WP-SimpleViewer plugin today.
Changed file permissions on wp-content/uploads to 0777
Added new page, gave it a title, and clicked "Add SimpleViewer Gallery"
Popup opens that says, "403 Permission Denied, You do not have permission for this request."
Rechecked that file permission on wp-content/uploads still says 0777. It does.
Repeated multiple times. Uninstalled/reinstalled/reactivated and repeated the above. Same 403 error.
Googled and searched this forum but can't find any reference to this exact problem.

Running Thesis theme - Wordpress 4.1 - on Bluehost

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Getting 403 Permission Denied when trying to add SV Gallery

Are you perhaps using the BulletProof Security plugin? If so, then you will need to add a bypass rule to your root .htaccess file to allow WP-SimpleViewer to function correctly.
Add the following code to your root .htaccess file:

# SimpleViewer skip/bypass rule
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/ [NC]
RewriteRule . - [S=13]

If you are not using the BulletProof Security plugin, then try deactivating all your installed plugins other than WP-SimpleViewer and re-activate them one by one (checking your WP-SimpleViewer functionality after each one) to see if you can find a conflict.

Other things to try:

• Try using default permissions on your web server of 755 for folders and 644 for files to see if this makes a difference.

• Check your .htaccess file(s) (if you have any) to see if there are any rewrite rules which may be affecting PHP files.

• Try re-uploading the WP-Juicebox plugin files to your web server to ensure that all files are present and correct (in case something happened during the initial upload resulting in corrupt or incomplete files).

If you continue to experience difficulties, I would certainly be willing to investigate further but I would need access to your WordPress installation and web server. If you are agreeable to this, please let me know and I will send you an email where you can send me your login details.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team