Topic: Can't create a second gallery in the same website!

Hi there,

I have an existing gallery page on my website created with Simpleviewer and I'm trying to create a brand new gallery to add to the same website - but it keeps conflicting with the existing gallery.

Can you provide me with step by step instructions or direct me to a forum/topic with ways for me to overcome this issue?

Thanks,

Re: Can't create a second gallery in the same website!

Are you using WP-SimpleViewer (the dedicated SimpleViewer plugin for WordPress)?
If so, the plugin allows only one gallery per post. (A gallery sourced by Media Library images will display all images attached to the post so if you had two galleries in the same post, they would both display the same images.)

If you are not using WP-SimpleViewer but are embedding your galleries manually, then please ensure that you are embedding each gallery into a container with a unique id and that each gallery's embedding code uses a unique flashvars variable name.

If the notes above do not help, then please post the URL to your web page so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully help further. Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

I successfully made a gallery on jimmydance.com/gallery.html and I want to make two more for jimmydance.com/workshops.html and jimmydance.com/links.html

Last edited by gxmichael (2015-02-04 05:37:16)

Thank you for providing the URLs to your web pages.
It looks like your problem may be due to trying to store the files for all three galleries in the same directory (your root directory).
You can do this but you would need to give each gallery's XML file a unique name (they cannot all be called 'gallery.xml' if they are stored in the same directory).
You would then point towards a specific XML file using a galleryURL in your gallery's embedding code.

For example, one gallery's embedding code might look like this:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.galleryURL = "first_gallery.xml";
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
    simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "700", "680", "transparent", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

... and another gallery's embedding code (on a different page) might look like this:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.galleryURL = "second_gallery.xml";
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
    simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "700", "680", "transparent", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Alternatively, you could use the baseURL method of embedding as documented here.
This would allow you to keep each gallery in its own individual folder. You would then upload the complete gallery folders (not just the contents) to your web server and paste the baseURL embedding code into your web pages. It does not matter where on your web server you upload your gallery folders to as long as the two paths in the embedding code (the path to the 'simpleviewer.js' file and the baseURL itself, pointing towards the gallery folder) are correct.

I hope this helps.

Steven Speirs

Now the thing is that it looks different on IE (desktop) and iPhone (chrome). On chrome (desktop) looks as I like it.
Is there any additional code to edit the .xml in order for me to solve this problem?

Your help is priceless...!
Thanks

Last edited by gxmichael (2015-02-05 17:32:11)

Now, I need to know what to edit in .xml code in order to look the same in an iPhone.

SimpleViewer does feature a Mobile Player so that the gallery images can be seen on mobile devices which do not support Adobe Flash Player but the Mobile Player has far fewer configuration options than the Flash Player and it may not be possible to exactly replicate the Flash Player display with the available Mobile Player Options.
Please see these FAQs:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

If you are looking for a more configurable gallery for display on mobile devices, then you might like to take a look at another one of our products: Juicebox.
For more information on the differences between SimpleViewer and Juicebox (and for details on a discount off the price of Juicebox-Pro for current SimpleViewer-Pro users), please see this SimpleViewer blog entry.

Steven Speirs