Topic: Payment problems

Acceptable cost, customer happy, but couldn't buy the product using Visa.
(This type of card type is not allowed)

I've used this card via PayPal before so it can't be paypal. I suspect it's something to do with USA product via UK credit card but this shouldn't really happen.
Dissapointed.
Pity, because it's just what I wanted.

Can't spend much time on this. Now looking for an alternative product :-(

Re: Payment problems

I'm sorry to hear that you have had trouble purchasing SimpleViewer-Pro with a Visa card via PayPal.
Unfortunately, we have no control over PayPal's policies in different countries but I would not have expected a problem such as the one you reported.
In order to understand the problem better, I would appreciate it if you could confirm that your Visa card was a standard credit card (rather than a Visa Debit or Visa Electron card).
Also, it might help to know exactly what the message was that you were presented with (that told you the payment could not be processed).
Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Thanks for your quick reply. I understand your views.
Writing code ourselves or choosing a product is a time vs cost trade off.
I'll try again next week. We're still interested, for 50$ I think you have the right balance but really don't have time to work out why a valid international credit card didn't work and have chosen a diffent solution for this client.
I'll keep you posted.

I'll keep you posted.

Please do.
Hopefully all will go well. As I mentioned, I would not expect any problems with using a UK issued credit card.
The only possible problem I can think of is that your issuing bank may have blocked the purchase if it seems to be outside your normal spending pattern. If you are unaccustomed to purchasing products online in different currencies, then your bank may have anti-fraud measures in place to prevent such transactions. Maybe a quick call to your bank would perhaps confirm or eliminate this as a possibility.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team