1 (edited by thuelsing 2015-04-17 17:06:47)

Topic: Download button not working

Hi!

I made some Galleries with SimpleViewer Pro 2.3.1 but the download button isn't working.
I've checked the filenames and they do not contain blanks or any special characters.

You can have a look at :http://thuelsing.de/home/random-shots/

Pushing the button opens the file save dialog, but nothing happens after confirming.
Opening the image in a new window and saving it works fine...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Toby

Re: Download button not working

Unfortunately, there is currently a known issue whereby the Download Button within SimpleViewer-Pro fails when a baseURL is used which starts with a leading slash (to denote your root directory). This issue has been logged as a bug and should hopefully be fixed in the next version of SimpleViewer-Pro.
In the meantime, the solution would be to use either a regular absolute or relative URL for the baseURL instead.

I notice that you have a Showkase site and this bug affects SimpleViewer-Pro galleries within Showkase.
Perhaps the easiest solution would be to prevent Showkase from using a baseURL for each SimpleViewer gallery.
This would affect only a SimpleViewer gallery on your home page (which you do not currently have) when viewed from Showkase's root 'index.php' file. As long as your galleries are viewed from their own 'index.html' pages within their respective gallery folders (which all non home page galleries should be), a baseURL should not be required.

Try opening your Showkase '_themes\base\pagetypes\simpleviewer.tpl' file in a plain text editor and remove line 34:

baseURL : "{$ss_pageUrl}/"

Be sure to 'Publish' your site afterwards.
This should work until the bug is fixed.

(If you use the Gallery Manager, theme, then you could do likewise with line 12 of the '_themes\manager\pagetypes\simpleviewer.tpl' file.)

Please note that the line numbers above refer to the current version of Showkase (v1.3.6).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Thanks a lot for the reply. It is working perfectly fine.
Just out of curiosity:

If I download the picture, it is not shown in my browsers (tested chrome and firefox) downloadlist.
Is there a special reason for this? It doesn't bother me too much, but feels strange when you do not get a response from the browser after the download finishes. And you do not easily see which pictures are already downloaded.

Toby

If I download the picture, it is not shown in my browsers (tested chrome and firefox) downloadlist.

That's because the download is handled by SimpleViewer itself rather than the browser. SimpleViewer's direct download ability is part of the Flash gallery's functionality and the browser has no knowledge that SimpleViewer has downloaded a file via the Download Button.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team