Topic: <script type="text/javascript" style="display:none">

Hi,

I am using SimpleViewer-Pro v2.1.3, and I get on my Macbook Mac Os 10.7. and Firefox this code in the page code:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
    <script type="text/javascript"  style="display:none">/*
* SimpleViewer-Pro v2.1.3
* http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pro
* © 2011 SimpleViewer Inc. All rights reserved.
*/

and simpleviewer is not coming up, nothing at all. How come? What is the problem? In Safari it's working fine.

Jelske

Re: <script type="text/javascript" style="display:none">

It sounds like your web site might be infected with some kind of malware.
The <script type="text/javascript"  style="display:none"> line is not part of the SimpleViewer JavaScript file and would not be included in the file by any method of gallery creation. It is likely that this code is being injected into the file by malware on your web server.
Check your website for malware (perhaps using an online tool such as VirusTotal) and, if necessary, reinstate your website from a clean backup. Your web host should be able to help you with this. They may also be aware that certain sites on their servers have been compromised so contacting them to ask if they know anything about it might help to pinpoint the exact cause (and what files might be affected).
This Google webpage may also help: https://support.google.com/webmasters/a … 4344?hl=en

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

I checked the website for malware on Virus Total, nothing. I checked Google webmasterstools, nothing. I don't think it is malware. Is it possible when I do have a tiny Wifi, SV is sending the JS code: <script type="text/javascript"  style="display:none">? Or it has to do with Firefox? The first image of the simpleviewer is visible.

I do not know how the code:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
    <script type="text/javascript"  style="display:none">

... is being introduced to the beginning of your 'simpleviewer.js' file (if this is, indeed, the file you are referring to) but a solution should be to just upload a fresh copy of the 'svcore' folder (from your SimpleViewer-Pro download zip package) to your web server (replacing your gallery's existing version). If you are in any doubt as to whether or not the 'svcore' folder on your web server is being overwritten, delete the old version from your web server first before uploading the new version in its place.

If the file you are referring to is not the 'simpleviewer.js' file, then you seem to have part of the 'simpleviewer.js' file in your HTML page (which is just as strange) and a style attribute in your script tag which should not be there. In any case, there is a problem and if re-uploading the 'svcore' folder does not help, then please post the URL to your gallery's web page so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully help further.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team