Topic: Lightroom no longer supporting simpleviewer????

I'm using the new LR cc, and noticed I can't make web galleries anymore because LR no longer supports flash web galleries.  I had thought Simpleviewer is HTML no?  Is anyone else having this problem?  I rely heavily on simpleviewer for my slideshows and want to continue to use the plugin I paid for!

Re: Lightroom no longer supporting simpleviewer????

SimpleViewer is predominantly a Flash image viewer with an HTML fallback for mobile devices which do not support Adobe Flash Player.

Unfortunately, it looks like Adobe have discontinued support for Flash galleries in Lightroom 6/CC which seems a little strange being that Flash is an Adobe creation. I would have thought they would at least have kept Flash support for backward compatibility.
I could find very little on this subject online other than this Adobe forum thread: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7495493#7495493

I have done some investigation of my own and it appears that Lightroom fails to list a Web Engine in the Layout Style section if it has the following term in its galleryInfo.lua/galleryInfo.lrweb file: galleryType="flash".
If the galleryInfo file is not compiled, then you could force Lightroom to list the Web Engine by setting galleryType="lua" but the Web Engine would simply fail to function. Adobe appear to have removed all Flash functionality from Lightroom 6/CC.

If you want to continue to create SimpleViewer web galleries with Lightroom, it looks like you will need to use the last version of Lightroom which supported Flash galleries (v5.7.1).

Thank you for reporting this problem. I have notified the developers of SimpleViewer although, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this.

Incidentally, we did not write the TTG SimpleViewer Lightroom plugin ourselves and it was always offered free as a convenience for SimpleViewer-Pro users who used Lightroom. The current version can still be downloaded from the author's web page here: http://wiki.theturninggate.net/doku.php … mpleviewer

In light of this, you might like to try Juicebox. Juicebox is an HTML 5 image viewer which does not use or rely on Adobe Flash Player at all.
You can download Juicebox-Lite from this web page and you can then install the Lightroom plugin (which is included in the Juicebox-Lite download zip package) by following the instructions on this web page.

More information about the differences between SimpleViewer and Juicebox (along with details of a discount off the price of Juicebox-Pro for SimpleViewer-Pro users) can be found in this SimpleViewer blog entry.

Please note that the Juicebox-Pro Lightroom plugin has support for all the Juicebox-Pro configuration options. Please see this Juicebox blog entry for details. (The Juicebox plugin for Lightroom has been tested with and is fully compatible with Lightroom 6/CC.)

It is also possible to convert existing SimpleViewer galleries to Juicebox by following the instructions here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Hi,

Search brought me here, allow me to post my topic, close to the topic addressed here.

I have purchased SV Pro in 2010.
I have

@Ruud Westerhout

Please post your query again. It looks like it somehow got cut off.

Just to clarify, Adobe have, indeed, removed support for Flash galleries in Lightroom 6/CC so TTG-SimpleViewer (the SimpleViewer plugin for Lightroom) will function only with Lightroom 3, 4 and 5.

If you still have Lightroom 3, 4 or 5, then you can download and use TTG-SimpleViewer from this web page.

Otherwise, other methods of creating a SimpleViewer-Pro  gallery can be found here.

Steven Speirs

Hello Steven,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I wrote a lot more, so I am stunned that the message I got out to You is actually so small.

I will repeat the message in short.

I am using JB together with my LR6 successfully.
I use it on my private website.

I plan to make a restricted website on my NAS which is standing at home. The pictures will be 'the same' but less. As I only have a single license for JB I thought to use my SV-Pro license. Reading and searching had me understood this is not possible in the way I want it (export from LR6 to the NAS).

What are my options, except from purchasing another JB license?
Is it possible to 'upgrade' my single JB license in some way?

Best regards,
Ruud

If you want to have Juicebox-Pro galleries uploaded to two different website domains, then you will need two separate licenses.
You could purchase an additional Single-Site license for $45.
Alternatively, you could upgrade your existing Single-Site license to a 5-Site license (which would give you 4 additional licenses) for the difference in price between the two ($95 - $45 = ) $50.
If you would like to do this, then please let me know and I will email you details of how you can purchase the 5-Site license at the discounted cost.

If the web site on your NAS exactly mirrored the content on your other website, then a Single-Site license would be sufficient. (Alias domains are not counted towards the number of domains for licensing purposes.)

The pictures will be 'the same' but less.

You might be able to use Juicebox-Lite (the free version). Juicebox-Lite has a limit of 50 images per gallery (and you would not have access to Pro configuration options) but it might be enough for your second domain.

I hope these notes help.

Steven Speirs

Hello Steven,

I understood the situation.
My preferred solution would be to go for the 5-1 license :)

Let's change to email for further communication on the topic.

Thanks for the quick answers !!
Ruud

Please check your email. I have sent you a message. Thank you.

Steven Speirs