Topic: No images specified in Gallery XML

sorry to bother you, but after a few days Googleing I have to admit defeat.  I am attempting to build a photography website: www.festivalpictorial.com.

I am using Arvixe Builder and have embedded an html box with the following SV script on a page http://festivalpictorial.com/Band-Pics/

This is not the exact script generated by SVBuilder - the original script never seems to display a frame.

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.festivalpictorial.com/ajbry/public_html/SimpleViewer/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

My file manager in CPanel looks like this:

home/ajbry/public_html/SimpleViewer/

Simple Viewer then has images, svcore and thumbs plus gallery.xml and index.html.  My images are sat in images.

ANY help would be gratefully appreciated.  Kind regards.

Re: No images specified in Gallery XML

This is not the exact script generated by SVBuilder - the original script never seems to display a frame.

The embedding code generated by svBuilder-Pro will work fine as long as you follow the embedding instructions here.

There are a few problems with your web page.

(1) You have two lots of embedding code on your web page and they are both trying to embed their respective galleries into the same container. You also have two containers on your web page with the same 'id'. Each gallery should be embedded into a container with a unique id.

(2) The paths to your 'simpleviewer'js file are incorrect. The 'public_html' directory on your web server is your root directory. For example, if you uploaded a file named 'xyz.html' to your 'public_html' directory, then you could view it in a browser at this address: http://festivalpictorial.com/xyz.html
Use the following code to load the 'simpleviewer.js' file into your web page (at the top of your embedding code).

<script type="text/javascript" src="/SimpleViewer/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>

The leading slash in the path denotes your root directory so this will work on both festivalpictorial.com and www.festivalpictorial.com.

(3) When embedding multiple galleries on a single web page, the 'simpleviewer.js' file should be loaded only once per page (not once per gallery).

(4) The baseURL path in the second gallery is incorrect.
Use the following:

flashvars.baseURL="/SimpleViewer/";

Again, the leading slash is required to denote your root directory. Currently, the path you use is relative (to the page containing the embedding code) and SimpleViewer is looking for the gallery folder to be here: http://www.festivalpictorial.com/Band-Pics/SimpleViewer/

Try the following embedding code and your gallery should display fine:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/SimpleViewer/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.baseURL = "/SimpleViewer/";
        simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "800", "600", "330000", true, flashvars);
    });
</script>

Incidentally, I notice that you also have a Juicebox gallery on your web page.
The icons in the gallery do not display correctly when viewed on festivalpictorial.com but they do display correctly when viewed on www.festivalpictorial.com.
Please see this FAQ for details:
My gallery works on 'www.example.com' but not on 'example.com' (or vice versa). Why?

Use the following line of code to load the 'juicebox.js' file into your web page (similar to the SimpleViewer example above):

<script src="/juicebox_gallery/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>

The image in your gallery does not display because it is currently in the wrong location/the path to it is incorrect.
You have used the standard embedding code, with no configUrl (to point to an XML file) or baseUrl (to point to a gallery folder), but the gallery files are in the wrong directory. For the standard embedding code to work, you need to copy the gallery files from the gallery folder into the same directory as the web page containing the gallery's embedding code (as documented here).

However, as you have uploaded a complete gallery folder, you can leave all the gallery files exactly as they are on your web server and point towards the gallery folder within the embedding code using a baseUrl as documented here.

Use the following embedding code and your Juicebox gallery should also display fine:

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="/juicebox_gallery/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script><script>
new juicebox({
    baseUrl: "/juicebox_gallery/",
    containerId: "juicebox-container",
    galleryWidth: "800",
    galleryHeight: "600",
    backgroundColor: "#222222"
});
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Wow - that's a very comprehensive reply - MUCH appreciated.  I will give this a go and get back to you.  Many thanks.

Hi

Sorry to bother you again after your lengthy reply yesterday, however I'm still not quite there.  I have posted the following code:

var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "/SimpleViewer/";
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "800%", "600%", "330000", true, flashvars);
});
</script>

I now see a red box on the page http://www.festivalpictorial.com/Band-Pics/ but no pics.  I have two test pics in the folder images within the SimpleViewer folder.

Thanks again for your time.

Your gallery currently has dimensions of 800% x 600%. I expect you might have meant to try 800px x 600px.
It is likely that you are currently just seeing the top-left corner of a very large gallery.
Try setting your gallery dimensions as follows:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "800", "600", "330000", true, flashvars);
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team