Topic: Embedding gallery code into Adobe Muse pages [SOLVED]

Hi,

I am working on a website using Adobe muse, and would like to add simpleviewer galleries to some portfolio pages. Currently it is not working (previews on a web page as blank). I am pretty sure it's because the embed code generated does not have any specific info in it regarding the website or images in gallery. This is the embed code that was generated:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

What do I need to add?

thanks!

Re: Embedding gallery code into Adobe Muse pages [SOLVED]

The code you posted will work fine as long as the contents of your gallery folder are copied to the directory containing the page with the embedding code.
This is the standard method of embedding documented here.

If you want to keep your gallery files inside the gallery folder, then you can use the baseURL method of embedding documented here.
It is essentially the same as the standard method of embedding but with a baseURL entry to point towards the gallery folder. It does not matter where on your web server you upload your gallery folder to as long as the two paths in the embedding code (the path to the 'simpleviewer.js' file and the baseURL itself, pointing towards the gallery folder) are correct.

The baseURL method is the recommended method for Embedding with Adobe Muse.

If you continue to experience difficulties, then please post the URL to your gallery's web page so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully help further.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

thanks Steve - I forgot to mention that I am trying to use a flickr gallery - is it possible to embed a flickr gallery into an adobe muse page?  Let me know how I can best share this page with you - I dont want to publish it live until its working.

Last edited by paintbetty (2015-08-08 19:11:28)

is it possible to embed a flickr gallery into an adobe muse page?

Yes. Embedding a SimpleViewer gallery sourced by a Flickr account is exactly the same as embedding a SimpleViewer gallery sourced by local images. (The only difference is that your Flickr gallery folder will not have 'images' or 'thumbs' folders.)

Let me know how I can best share this page with you

Please check your email. I have sent you a message. Thank you.

Steven Speirs

Problem solved via email.

Steven Speirs

thank you!! :)

You're welcome!

Steven Speirs