Topic: gallery.xml

Trying to change the title of a piece in the gallery file, but it is not updating on the server.
Possible??
ASAP would be swell.
Thanks!!
Beka
I have v2.3.1

Re: gallery.xml

Try clearing your browser's cache after re-uploading the file to your web server but before reloading your web page in case your browser is displaying an older, cached version of the file.

Also, if you are in any doubt as to whether or not the old version of the file is being overwritten on your web server, try deleting it from your web server first before uploading the new version in its place.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

3 (edited by so 2015-09-14 12:53:43)

Hi,
It is not good solution. I clear cache of browser, but other users have problem: they see still old gallery (if see it before last change). Good solution: always read a file gallery.xml from server
(using DeleteUrlCacheEntry(PChar(SourceFile))) and UrlDownloadToFile(...) )

Other problem: I made over 100 galleries and I had change over 100 times settings and read always my settings from a file.
Why for a new gallery are used default settings (image size: resize images, crop to fit, max. image size) and default preset. Better solution: save settings of last using of svBuilder-Pro (v. 2.3.2) and for a new gallery automatically their use.

Is it possible add parameter: replay (past autoplay ended).

Regards
so

Good solution: always read a file gallery.xml from server

Define your gallery's XML file with a unique query string identifier (e.g. the current time which will be different each time a user loads the page) using the galleryURL configuration option in your gallery's embedding code.

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars={};
    flashvars.galleryURL="gallery.xml?nocache="+new Date().getTime();
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
        simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
    });
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Better solution: save settings of last using of svBuilder-Pro (v. 2.3.2) and for a new gallery automatically their use.

Save your own Preset ('Options -> Save Preset...' from the drop-down menu at the top) and you will be able to quickly apply your custom configuration settings to a new gallery by loading the Preset ('Options -> Load Preset...').

Is it possible add parameter: replay (past autoplay ended).

Yes. Set enableLooping="TRUE" in svBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> General' section.

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

Good solution: always read a file gallery.xml from server

Define your gallery's XML file with a unique query string identifier (e.g. the current time which will be different each time a user loads the page) using the galleryURL configuration option in your gallery's embedding code.

My suggestion isn't possible :(
I copied this code:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    var flashvars={};
    });
</script>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

to Memo "Embed code" and click button "Save" and ... nothing. Files "gallery.xml" and "index.html" are no change.
Faster solution but bad: rename directory on server and change link in html file.
Better solution: in section Save Gallery add checkbox nocache and make at once new files index.html

Steven Speirs wrote:

Better solution: save settings of last using of svBuilder-Pro (v. 2.3.2) and for a new gallery automatically their use.

Save your own Preset ('Options -> Save Preset...' from the drop-down menu at the top) and you will be able to quickly apply your custom configuration settings to a new gallery by loading the Preset ('Options -> Load Preset...').

I loaded my preset file over 100 times. I saved this file on desktop for faster choice.

to Memo "Embed code" and click button "Save" and ... nothing. Files "gallery.xml" and "index.html" are no change.

The code I posted above will work fine but you cannot modify the 'Embed Code' presented on the 'Publish' tab of svBuilder-Pro.
This is displayed simply so that you can copy it, if necessary, to embed the gallery into a web page.

You will need to change the embedding code in your gallery's web page (open and edit the HTML document in a text editor) to add the galleryURL modification.

Steven Speirs

7 (edited by so 2015-09-15 12:01:48)

I changed code in index.html (add java script code) that and I see two galleries:
- in iframe gallery with old captions (SW read old gallery.xml - why?) ,
- lower gallery with new captions (I changed captions in a new gallery).
It is interessant ;) Script is OK in web page code (file start.php) but bad in file index.html
http://www.zgrzyt.cba.pl/JPG/iframe.jpg
<td style="text-align: center;" height="470" width="530">
  <iframe src="./index.html" height="470" width="600"></iframe>
       <script type="text/javascript"  src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
            var flashvars={};
            });
      </script>
</td>

You are seeing two galleries as you are loading a gallery into an iframe and embedding a gallery directly into your web page.
If you want only one gallery to be displayed then you should do one or the other (not both).

I would recommend embedding the gallery directly into your web page as there are certain drawbacks to using an iframe which are noted here (in the "2) Using an iframe" section).

However, if you choose to use an iframe, the embedding code you need to modify (to add the galleryURL entry) is in the 'index.html' file that you load into your iframe.

Steven Speirs

Thanks for help - all is OK.
I think that embedding code in index.html should be automatically:
- standard for a new gallery,
- with flashvars.galleryURL for opened/updated gallery.

You're welcome!
I'm glad you've got it working.

If you like, you can post suggestions for future versions in the Feature Requests forum thread.
This keeps all the ideas together and ensures that they are not overlooked by the developers.

Steven Speirs