1 (edited by mrpooh 2015-08-24 13:07:47)

Topic: Difference between SV-Pro and Juicebox ?

Greetings, I have been using Simple-Viewer Pro and it has been years since I checked in. 

Now I see there is something called Juicebox.

What's the difference?

Would there be any benefit to my getting that application if I already have SV Pro?

My website is:  www.nonordinaryreality.com and I use SV Pro to generate gallery pages that I embed on my site.

I am also curious about Showkase.  I see that it comes with both SV Pro and Juicebox.  Why both?  That seems to point to their capacity to do different things? 

Would someone also help me understand how I might use Showcase?  I am looking for a revamp of my website that is mobile-responsive and this might be my ticket.

I look forward to hearing a response.

Re: Difference between SV-Pro and Juicebox ?

For information on the differences between SimpleViewer and Juicebox, please see this SimpleViewer blog entry.

For more information on SimpleViewer, Juicebox and Showkase (and how they relate to one another), please see this forum post.

There is a lot of information in the two links above so hopefully they will answer your queries.

I am also curious about Showkase.  I see that it comes with both SV Pro and Juicebox.  Why both?

Showkase supports both SimpleViewer and Juicebox so that existing SimpleViewer-Pro customers (who are happy with SimpleViewer-Pro and do not need or want Juicebox-pro) can purchase Showkase-Standard (which is less expensive than Showkase-Pro as it does not come bundled with Pro viewers) and continue to create SimpleViewer-Pro galleries.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Thanks for the response.  I'll look into all of this...

No problem. If you have any further questions, just let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.

Steven Speirs

Thanks, Steven,

I have a few questions:

With the Kosel theme,

1. Will I essentially be creating a WordPress format website?
2. Do I customize the website using the Showkase desktop application or some web-based interface, like when using WordPress?
3. Is it possible to modify the fonts that are displayed?
4. Is there a way to have a single showcased image instead of a slideshow of sliding images?
5. Is there a way to have a single image that expands to fill the entire left and right edges of the page, and then scales according to window-size?
6. Is there a way to have drop-down hierarchical menus from the top navigation area, with at least two sub-level-menus?

Cheers

1. Will I essentially be creating a WordPress format website?

Showkase is not a blog-style creation tool and, as such, creates only pages rather than posts.
Check out the demo sites created with Showkase here to see what Showkase can do.

2. Do I customize the website using the Showkase desktop application or some web-based interface, like when using WordPress?

Showkase runs on your web server via a browser interface (like WordPress). It is not a desktop application.

3. Is it possible to modify the fonts that are displayed?

Yes. Check out the Live Demo Admin. Go to 'Site -> Customize Theme' and you will see a 'Fonts' section where you can change the 'Headings font', the 'Body font' and the 'Base font size (px)'.
Also, for further font customization, please see the Adding Custom Styles and Fonts support section.

4. Is there a way to have a single showcased image instead of a slideshow of sliding images?

Yes. You can create a Basic page and just include a single image via the editor and image library.
Otherwise, you can create a single-image ListViewer gallery like the Sarah Lee demo homepage.

5. Is there a way to have a single image that expands to fill the entire left and right edges of the page, and then scales according to window-size?

The site width and margins apply equally to all pages but you should probably be able to do this with some custom CSS.

6. Is there a way to have drop-down hierarchical menus from the top navigation area, with at least two sub-level-menus?

No. The Kosel theme supports only two menu levels (a top level and a single sub-level).

Steven Speirs

Hello Steven,

This is very helpful.

Thank you so much for the thorough reply.  I will test out the demos to get a better understanding of my options.

Cheers

You're welcome.

Steven Speirs