Topic: uninstall Simpleviewer

I wan't to uninstall Simpleviewer because I've an SimpleViewer Pro version no.
When I want to delete the file by using the trash I receive the following message:
De bewerking kan niet worden voltooid, omdat een of meer vereiste onderdelen niet kunnen worden gevonden.
(Foutcode -43)

Please help?

Re: uninstall Simpleviewer

Here are a few things to try:

(1) Make sure you are trying to uninstall the application as an administrator.
(2) Create a new administrator user account and try to uninstall the application from there.
(3) Reinstall svBuilder (on top of the existing installation) and try to uninstall it afterwards.
(4) Try a web search for 'error 43 cannot delete' and check out the first few results. There are many web pages which discuss this error and the suggestions in them might help.

Incidentally, you can install and run svBuilder and svBuilder-Pro side by side on the same computer.
You do not need to uninstall svBuilder first before installing svBuilder-Pro.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

I've did all things you've suggested. None worked.

Using Pro en none-Pro side by side is okay. So I've build a new gallery in Pro and this doesn't work.
Opening my url still shows the same old gallery.
(I've tried different browsers, emptied the cache and tried other computers)

I've done some research. This was the answer:
The problem is the javascript code
It has bugs in it!

I'm working with OSX 10.11, maybe that's the problem?

Please help.

So I've build a new gallery in Pro and this doesn't work.

Please let me know exactly what the problem is so that I can help further.
Also, I would recommend that you save each gallery to a separate folder to help keeps things organized and avoid gallery files being overwritten.

Opening my url still shows the same old gallery.

Please double-check that your URL points to the correct location on your web server.
If you are replacing a gallery on your web server and you are in any doubt as to whether or not the original gallery is being overwritten, then try deleting the original gallery first before uploading the new gallery in its place.

The problem is the javascript code
It has bugs in it!

Please let me know what bugs you are referring to. As far as I am aware, there are no known bugs in the 'simpleviewer.js' file (certainly none that would prevent a gallery from displaying or that would prevent you from uninstalling svBuilder).

I'm working with OSX 10.11, maybe that's the problem?

svBuilder and svBuilder-Pro are both compatible with PC and Mac and you should be able to use svBuilder-Pro on OSX 10.11 as long as you have the latest version of Adobe AIR installed.

Steven Speirs

That's was exactly the problem. I couldn't delete old galleries from my computer.
And now I tried it again and they were deleted.. strange but I'm happy with it.
---
But still simple viewer Pro is not working that easy or simple as promised..
Now may new gallery is shown but not the main image. How is that possible?
---
And when I search in Google for my website:
this is the result:
Maaike Hamelynck
www.maaikehamelynck.nl/
header. SIMPLEVIEWER.

How can I get rid of the last sentence or replace is for a personal one?
---
Thanks again!

Now may new gallery is shown but not the main image. How is that possible?

According to your gallery's 'gallery.xml' file, the first image in your gallery should be located here: http://www.maaikehamelynck.nl/simplevie … G_3759.JPG
... but going directly to that location in a browser (bypassing SimpleViewer) results in an error 403 (forbidden).

Please check that your image files have been uploaded to the correct location on your web server and that their permissions (and the permissions of the 'images' folder itself) are not too restrictive.
Default permissions of 755 for folders and 644 for files should be fine.
You can check and change permissions using an FTP program such as Filezilla or via your web hosting account's online file manager.

Also, please see this FAQ which may help:
My images show locally, but not when I upload them to my webserver. What are possible problems?

How can I get rid of the last sentence or replace is for a personal one?

It looks like the 'SimpleViewer' text might be coming from your web page's <title>.
On your 'index_simpleviewer.html' page, you currently have:

<title>SimpleViewer Gallery</title>

Change the text inside the <title> tags to something more appropriate to your website.
Please note that it may take some time (perhaps a matter of weeks) before Google re-indexes your page and shows updated results.

Steven Speirs