Topic: Simpleviewer 2 Pro Not working properly

I have installed Simpleviewer 2 Pro and have had a lot of problems, I can't get captions working for one, and another the back button shows as a dark box with no text in the upper corner, if you click on the box it does take you to URL I entered, I'm also having issues with changes I've made to gallery pages, they don't refresh, I've even gone into internet options and deleted all settings as suggested in the forums but nothing helps, I've spent more hours with this that I'd care to spend and would like to delete this program from my computer and request a refund.

Re: Simpleviewer 2 Pro Not working properly

would like to delete this program from my computer and request a refund

Issueing you with a refund would not be a problem but I'm more than happy to help you out with the problems you're having.

I can't get captions working

Please double-check that your captions are present in your gallery's XML file.
(You can open the 'gallery.xml' file in a plain text editor and check that the captions are there.)
Also, make sure that your gallery does not set captionPosition="NONE" (which would mean that captions are not displayed in the gallery).
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully help further.

the back button shows as a dark box with no text in the upper corner

Make sure that you have set some text for the backButtonText (it sounds like it might be blank or empty).
If you could show me the gallery, I should hopefully be able to determine the cause of the problem and suggest a solution.

I'm also having issues with changes I've made to gallery pages, they don't refresh

This certainly sounds like a web server or browser issue.
If you are in any doubt as to whether or not your old files are being overwritten on your web server, try deleting them from your web server first before uploading the new versions in their place.
Also, please see this FAQ regarding clearing your browser's cache before reloading your gallery's web page.
When I update my images, the new images do not show up in SimpleViewer. Why?

Once I'm able to see your gallery, I should be able to help you fix the problems you are having.
However, if you would still rather have a refund, please let me know and I will send you a message with an email address where you can forward your transaction details to me. Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

3 (edited by DennisSoFL 2015-10-21 04:12:33)

I have the back button issue resolved by entering my own text, I still can't get what I'm looking for on the captions, I can get the Title to display, but I would like to see the file name also, I was able to get it once but can't seem to now unless I manually enter it into the code.
I'm still having problems getting a page to refresh after the first time that it's been published, I have tried deleting everything in the browsing history, I've tapped Ctrl F5 until I'm blue in the face and even gone so far as to delete the Simpleviewer page from my uploaded files and it's still there when it shouldn't be, other pages I upload always change by clicking on the fresh button.
I wanted to use this program in hopes of entering in some PayPal code so people can buy my nature photography, I've read post on how to get this done but if I can't get the gallery to update when I make changes the program will be little help to me, I would much rather get it working than get refunded.

I have the back button issue resolved by entering my own text,

That's good to hear. Thank you for letting me know.

I still can't get what I'm looking for on the captions, I can get the Title to display, but I would like to see the file name also

In svBuilder-Pro, once you have added all your images, go to 'Images -> Captions -> Use File Name' from the drop-down menu at the top to use the image filenames as the captions in the gallery.
Now check to see if this has worked on the 'Customize' tab and also when you view the gallery locally in a browser.
If all is well at this point, then the problem could be with either uploading the gallery to your web server or some king of caching problem where you do not see the updates you have made.
To avoid possible caching problems, try uploading your gallery to a different location on your web server (just as a test).
Upload the gallery to a new folder on your web server with a name that you have never used before and try viewing the gallery. It should look the same as it did before you uploaded it.
If the problem occurs only when you upload the updated gallery to its original location on your web server, then either:
(1) Your original files have not been overwritten with the new ones (hence my suggestion to delete the original files first before uploading the new ones in their place.
... or:
(2) You are viewing an older cached version of your gallery. The caching could be happening in your browser or server-side.
Please see this FAQ regarding browser caching:
When I update my images, the new images do not show up in SimpleViewer. Why?
If this does not help, then please check with your web host to see if your hosting account has some kind of caching enabled which would result in new uploads not being immediately visible.

Also, it might help if you could post the URL to your gallery and let me know what you see and what you expect to see.
I can take a look at the gallery and let you know what I see. This might help to troubleshoot your issue. Thank you.

Steven Speirs

I'm still having a lot of problems with this program an have decided it's time to delete it from my hard drive and move on, would it be possible to get my funds returned?

No problem.
Please check your email. I have sent you a message.
Thank you.

Steven Speirs