Topic: Error message Gallery XML Not Found [SOLVED]

I logged into Wordpress today to update some photos on my website. I made the mistake of clicking on the "Update Pluggins " link and I have not been able to get into my Gallerys since. I get an error stating "Gallery XML Not Found". How do I revert back to the version that was working?

Currently using version 2.3.2.5

Last edited by Jeanne JS (2015-11-28 21:58:07)

Re: Error message Gallery XML Not Found [SOLVED]

Try downloading the latest version of WP-SimpleViewer (v2.3.2.5) directly from the plugin's support page here.
Then, manually install the plugin on top of the existing version by following the installation instructions here.
This should ensure that all the plugin's files are present and correct.
If you are in any doubt as to whether or not the existing files on your web server are being overwritten, then try deleting the existing 'wp-simpleviewer' folder from your plugin directory first before uploading the fresh version of the plugin in its place.

If this does not help, then please post the URL to one of your gallery's that displays the error message so that I can see the problem for myself and hopefully help further. Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

I tried downloading the new version on my mac, can't seem to get it to upload to wordpress. I was able to download the new verison on my HP Laptop and upload to wordpress, however, still getting the same error.

This is one of the URLs for one of my Gallerys. They all have the same Error message. http://www.jeanniesdesigns.com/ceilings-moldings-2

Also getting the same error here: http://www.jeanniesdesigns.com/blog

Last edited by Jeanne JS (2015-12-01 03:54:17)

Thank you for providing the links to your galleries.

Your gallery XML files in the 'wp-content/uploads/' directory do not seem to have all the necessary configuration options required for the 'config.php' file to dynamically build an XML file when a gallery is viewed.
Do you remember what version of WP-SimpleViewer you used to create your galleries?

Try going to the 'SimpleViewer -> Manage Galleries' page from the WordPress Dashboard and edit each of your existing galleries.
Just click 'Edit Gallery' and then click the 'Save' button for each one without actually making any changes.
This should hopefully help.

Steven Speirs

I tried clicking each gallery to edit and save. Unfortunately that did not fix the problem. I'm not sure exactly which version was used initially because it was done by the company I paid to build my website. We had the same issue about a year ago when I tried to upload some new images and unknowingly updated a pluggin, at that time the Web Service reverted it back to the old condition. I no longer use that company and I'm trying to fix this on my own. I really appreciate your assistance.

I'm really not sure what might have caused your problem but the fact that certain required configuration options were missing from you gallery XML files seems rather strange (and, as far as I can remember, I've not seen it before).

Re-saving your galleries seems to have reinstated the missing configuration options (I now see them in your gallery XML files) but I notice that your galleries still do not display.

It looks like there might be a problem with the plugin's 'config.php' file on your web server.
The file might be corrupt or incomplete or the script might use a PHP function which is unavailable or disabled on your web hosting account. (WP-SimpleViewer requires PHP v5.2.0 or later.)

It sounds like you have already tried re-installing the plugin so I'm not sure what to suggest next.
I would be happy to investigate further but, in order to do so, it would help if I had access to your web server and WordPress site.
If you are agreeable to this, then please let me know and I will send you an email address where you can forward me your FTP login details (host, username and password) and WordPress login details (URL, username and password). Once I have access to the WP-SimpleViewer files on your web server, I should hopefully be able to determine the cause of the problem and propose a fix or workaround.
Thank you.

Steven Speirs

Thank you! I'll take any help I can get please send me the email address.

I checked with Hostgator and  this is what I show for PHP config

PHP Configuration

Please Note the following:

[-] The PHP System Default Version is 5.4
[-] Selecting "PHP Cur" will set the handler to latest stable PHP version available in our servers. This will be updated automatically in the future
Use with caution

Thank you for checking your web server's PHP version.
WP-SimpleViewer should run fine on PHP v5.4.

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.
Thank you.

Steven Speirs

Thank you ! I really appreciate the effort on this. I replied to your email. :)

Please check your email. I have sent you another message.
It looks like your Block Bad Queries plugin has been preventing the include_once instructions from running in the 'wp_simpleviewer/config.php' file resulting in required functionality not being available (breaking WP-SimpleViewer).
I hope this helps.

Steven Speirs

Steven THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! The website is up and running now.  :)  :)  :)

You're welcome!
I'm glad your SimpleViewer galleries are working once again!

Steven Speirs