Topic: new photos do not show when uploaded but show locally [SOLVED]

sVBuilderPro-V2
embedding code in html page through Dreamweaver.
I have successfully added new photos to my gallery.
Saved the gallery and copied the Embed code and pasted it in to my html page called "photogallery.html", placed inside the Gallery folder.
Placed the link to "photogallery" page in a menue.
Everything seems to work fine at a local level. But when I upload all the files on to my site (synced several times), the new images do not show up while the old ones are all there.
Here is a link to the site:
http://www.navaarts.co.uk/eventspast.htm
Clicking on any of the little images links up to the gallery fine and gallery images can be flicked through and viewed. However the last 5 images do not appear in the gallery although they are there and show up when I test it locally.
Sorry for repeating things twice or more.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: new photos do not show when uploaded but show locally [SOLVED]

Your gallery's XML file (http://www.navaarts.co.uk/pastevents/gallery.xml) currently lists 66 images and all 66 images seem to display fine in the gallery.

If you see only 61 images, then try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your web page to ensure that your browser is fetching and using the most recent version of your gallery's XML file from your web server.

If you expect to see 71 images, then you will need to update the 'gallery.xml' file on your web server with the version which lists the new images. It currently has only 66 <image> entries. If you are in any doubt as to whether the original XML file on your web server is being overwritten with the new version, then try deleting the old version from your web server first before uploading the new version in its place.

I hope this helps.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Thank you so much. Clearing the browser's cache did the trick. Interesting. I had never had any problems like this and simply reloading the page had always done the trick. What was a bit more amusing is that this was happening in more than one browser on my mac. hmmmm..

Thank you so much. You saved my brain.

Best wishes

Fariborz

I'm glad that your problem has been resolved. Thank you for posting back to let me know.

For other users reading this post and experiencing similar symptoms (new images not displaying in a gallery), the following FAQs may help:
My images show locally, but not when I upload them to my webserver. What are possible problems?
When I update my images, the new images do not show up in SimpleViewer. Why?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team