Topic: After many hours of fustration

After many hours of frustration, reading and re-reading and re-reading
the how too's I finally got SimpleViewer embeded on too my web page on my website:
http://www.jbmodified.com

Just wanted to say Thank You for this excellent Image viewer.
I just wish that there was a Linux version.

Again,
Thank You
Ramchu

Last edited by Ramchu (2016-03-10 22:40:47)

Re: After many hours of fustration

I'm glad that you've managed to successfully embed your gallery into your web page.

However, I notice that you currently load your gallery into an iframe on your main page.
There are certain limitations when loading a gallery into an iframe. Please see the section entitled '2) Using an iFrame' here for details.

As you have already uploaded your complete gallery folder to your web server, you could embed your gallery directly into your web page using the baseURL method of embedding documented here.

Leave your gallery files exactly where they are and just replace your iframe with the following embedding code (changing the gallery dimensions if you like):

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="/J B Modified Pictures/gallery/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.baseURL = "/J B Modified Pictures/gallery/";
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
        simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "600", "000000", true, flashvars);
    });
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Incidentally, your 'gallery.html' web page contains several HTML errors which should really be fixed.
You can check the code on your web page for HTML errors with the W3C Markup Validation Service and then fix the errors reported. Once the code on your web page validates correctly, your web page should be displayed with greater predictability and consistency across different browsers.
It looks like lines 24 - 63 should be reworked. There are many escaped characters which should not be escaped and you have a couple of iframes (one of which is your gallery) enclosed within <a> </a> tags which does not seem to be correct.
The closing </iframe> tag for your gallery and the opening <iframe> tag for your Facebook code are actually escaped (as if they are plain text rather than HTML code) and the browser seems to be seeing and using the closing </iframe> tag for the Facebook code as the closing </iframe> tag for the gallery.
Try replacing the gallery's iframe with the embedding code above and re-enter your Facebook code's iframe (as HTML code rather than plain text).

Just wanted to say Thank You for this excellent Image viewer.

I'm glad you like SimpleViewer and are getting on well with it!

I just wish that there was a Linux version.

Adobe no longer produce AIR for Linux but svBuilder requires AIR v2.0 or later and you can still download AIR v2.6 for Linux (the last version for Linux) from the Adobe AIR archive page here: https://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived … rsion.html
(Scroll down the page or search for the 'Adobe AIR 2.6.0 Linux (15.4 MB)' link.)

For reference, other methods of creating a SimpleViewer gallery can be found here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team