Topic: Galleries not displaying

My galleries are not displaying.
1. Open Gallery looks good in Customize view. When Flash check is on, the Gallery/Preview displays the background color with a white strip in the center.
2. When Flash is unchecked, it displays a grid of unformatted thumbnails.

I have checked: Flash is installed. So it does look like I am getting the thumbnail version of the mobile version, but find no way to get the regular display. Flash is also enabled in Firefox which I am using.

When I go to a gallery in the Finder which I know in the past has been working and was last loaded online and works there, I get the same as in 1. above.

I am using svBuilder-Pro v. 2.3.2 and Mac OSX 10.11, El Capitain on a MacPro 2013 desktop

Last edited by cabrackett (2016-09-15 14:49:40)

Re: Galleries not displaying

Double-check that Adobe Flash Player is installed in your browser by visiting this web page: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Also, make sure that the useFlash Embed Code Parameter is set to TRUE in your gallery's embedding code.
If useFlash is TRUE, SimpleViewer will display the gallery using the Flash Player (if available in the browser), falling back to the Mobile Player if Adobe Flash Player is unavailable.
If useFlash is FALSE, SimpleViewer will use the Mobile Player to display the gallery regardless of whether or not Adobe Flash Player is installed and enabled in the browser.

You might like to try viewing your gallery in a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari) to see if the problem is somehow unique to your default browser.

1. Open Gallery looks good in Customize view. When Flash check is on, the Gallery/Preview displays the background color with a white strip in the center.

It sounds like the FAQ below might help (especially if you are embedding your gallery in a web page alongside other content rather than just viewing the gallery on its own 'index.html's page as generated by svBuilder-Pro).
My gallery does not show in Firefox or gets cropped to a small height. Why?

A quick and easy solution to this problem (if you are currently using a gallery height of 100%) is to give your gallery a fixed height (such as '600px') instead.

2. When Flash is unchecked, it displays a grid of unformatted thumbnails.

This sounds normal (though I am not sure what you mean by 'unformatted').
Please see these FAQs:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery's web page (so that I can take a look for myself) and, if possible, please upload a screenshot somewhere (either to your own website or a file sharing service like Dropbox) so that I can see what you are seeing.
Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

I have double checked the Flash enable on Firefox, I have tried it on Safari, I have tried using a fixed height dimension, and I still get no gallery to display with the Flash checked on. (it is True on the gallery.xml file) I have also examined the FAQs you mentioned without any luck.

The display I do get is the temporary display while the gallery is loading, except it never goes on to the gallery. You can see it as the screenshot shown on the dropbox folder at the link below.

I have mounted the entire gallery on Dropbox, but without an email address to which to send the Share notice, I do not know how to direct you to it.

Note that I am not embedding this gallery in a web page, just forming the gallery itself prior to embedding it.
As before, when Flash variable is checked off, I get a regular array of thumbnails, like the mobile display. But when Flash is checked on, I get a background colored screen with no images or other information displayed, just a white bar in the center of the screen.

The link to the dropbox folder that contains the gallery is below:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fvzy97psivln … tWTZa?dl=0

Last edited by cabrackett (2016-09-16 18:57:10)

Thank you for the additional information.
I see the problem in your screenshot. (It is not what I thought it might have been.)

It looks like a Flash security restriction.

Please try the following:

• Visit this web page in your browser to open the Global Security Settings panel of your Flash Player Settings Manager.
    https://www.macromedia.com/support/docu … ger04.html

• Go to 'Edit locations...' and select 'Add location...' from the drop-down menu.

• Click the 'Browse for folder...' button in the pop-up window.

• Navigate to (and select) the folder on your hard drive containing your gallery.

• Click the 'Confirm' button.

• Reload your gallery's web page.

Please note that this is required only to view your gallery locally on your computer.
There will be no such problem when you upload the gallery to your web server.

I hope this solves your problem.

Steven Speirs

Thanks
As a note, the Preview menu item does not show the gallery, just the same background, but the Publish menu does show it when saved and the index.html file does show the gallery. So, what is the Preview menu item for?

Please see this forum post for more information.

The 'Gallery -> Preview...' menu simply opens the gallery's 'index.html' page in your system's default browser.
However, due to the new security restriction introduced in Adobe Flash Player v23, the gallery will not display locally in a browser unless the gallery's location is listed as a 'Trusted Location' in the Flash Player settings.

As subfolders seem to inherit their parent folder trusted location settings, the easiest thing to do would be to just add your root C:\ folder as a trusted location (but this will obviously allow all SWF files on your hard drive to run locally in your browsers and it would be safer to just add your gallery folders as trusted locations).
Maybe you could create a folder on your desktop purely for SimpleViewer galleries and add this folder as a trusted location.

Steven Speirs