Topic: save gallery

I added pictures to a gallery in SVpro2, but the save function does not work. Is there a limit for pictures or another problem?
Pictures appear however on the customize page.

Re: save gallery

There is no limit to the number of images that you can have in a SimpleViewer-Pro gallery.
The 'Save' button on the 'Publish' tab should save the gallery (no matter what its size) to the folder specified in the 'Gallery Folder' input box.

Make sure that the folder you are trying to save your gallery into is not on a network drive, on a restricted filesystem or synced to a file sharing service such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

Try creating a new empty folder on your Desktop and 'Browse...' to this folder on the 'Publish' tab to try to save your gallery there.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Sorry, I can't save any gallery.

If you can't save a gallery with svBuilder-Pro, maybe you could try with svBuilder, the free version which comes bundled with SimpleViewer-Standard.
You can download SimpleViewer-Standard from the download web page here.

I would also recommend that you try uninstalling and reinstalling both svBuilder-Pro and Adobe AIR. Starting afresh with both applications might help.
Before reinstalling the programs, make sure that you have the latest versions of both.
Adobe AIR v23 can be downloaded from here.
You can download SimpleViewer v2.3.2 using the link from your purchase email. The download link always points towards the latest version rather than the version you purchased. If necessary, full instructions for upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro can be found here.

Please follow the procedure below:

(1) Uninstall svBuilder-Pro.
Mac: Delete the 'svBuilder-Pro' file from the Applications folder and empty your Trash.
Windows: Use the uninstaller in the 'Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program...' list.

(2) After uninstalling svBuilder-Pro, please check that there are no files are left behind by manually deleting the following folders from your hard drive (if they exist):
Mac: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\My Documents\svBuilder-Pro
You may need to show hidden files to find some of the above locations in Windows File Explorer.

(3) Next, search your hard drive for the term 'svBuilder-Pro' and delete any and all entries found (to be absolutely sure that nothing remains).

(4) Uninstall Adobe AIR.

(5) Reinstall Adobe AIR v23.

(6) Reinstall svBuilder-Pro v2.3.2 following the instructions here.

Hopefully this will help.

There may also be some underlying issue with your system that is somehow interfering with svBuilder-Pro's ability to save a gallery. If you have any security software installed, try temporarily disabling it whilst running svBuilder-Pro to see if this makes a difference.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team