Topic: tiltviewer problem with edge browser

Hi,
I download the free version of tiltviewer.
This version runs correctly with my IE, firefox and chrome browser. I see all my picture and I may return them to see the title and description at the back of the picture. But with edge browser nothing is displayed and in real time the browser is blocked, it is necessary to kill the browser task with the window task manager (CTRL+ALT+Suppr)
With your tiltviewer demo application from your link tiltviewer/app : it is correct with the 4 browsers
where is the difference (swfobject.js, tiltviewer.swf) ?
If I check the source code with browser tool the HTML source codes seem similar

Last edited by chantoune (2017-03-23 20:12:09)

Re: tiltviewer problem with edge browser

Try visiting the following Adobe help page in your Edge browser and click the 'Test Flash Player' button to confirm whether Flash Player is currently enabled or disabled. (I'm not sure the instructions on the web page will help though as you seem to be able to display some Flash sites but not others.)
Flash Player issues | Windows 10 | Microsoft Edge - https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb … -edge.html

There seems to be a lot of Edge vs Adobe Flash Player problems on the internet (try a web search with terms such as "Adobe Flash Player Edge") so you are not alone. However, there does not seem to be sure-fire fix which works for everyone.

Unfortunately, there is no denying that Flash is a dying format and Microsoft seem to be in the process of phasing Flash out.
According to the following article, Microsoft are pushing ahead with their abandonment of Flash in the next version of Windows 10 (Creators Update) which is just around the corner (so anything you try to do to get things working just now may prove to be futile and just a short term fix).
Microsoft's Edge to flush Adobe Flash in Windows 10 Creator’s Update - https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/12/1 … rs_update/

I realise that you like TiltViewer (and that's great), but, if you want to create a future-proof gallery that works in all browsers (including Edge), I'd recommend moving towards an HTML 5 solution such as Juicebox.

However, I hope the first link above helps.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

great thanks for your answer

my problem is now solved

This problem was because my tilviewer was installed into a web private area and with edge the login request sent by the server was displayed not as a pop up above edge window but it was displayed behind the edge window and not visible
(so it was necessary to kill the edge task for exit)

Regards

I'm glad that you've been able to figure out the cause of your problem.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team